Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised they didn't release a teaser trailer. 

I mentioned it before but I wonder if this like the Lorax will skew more domestic as Dr Seuss isn't as loved OS. I could see Grinch doing more than Ralph domestically but Ralph outgrossing it OS.

They might release one with Pitch Perfect 3.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Audrey Geisel would veto any sequel. They'll probably adapt The Cat in the Hat as an animated film instead

Or they could do another adaptation of Halloween is Grinch Night? Anyone remember that special. Lol! I'm pretty sure they'll do the next obvious Doctor Seuss adaptation which would be The Cat in The Hat or maybe Green Eggs and Ham, if they're interested. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Or they could do another adaptation of Halloween is Grinch Night? Anyone remember that special. Lol! I'm pretty sure they'll do the next obvious Doctor Strange adaptation which would be The Cat in The Hat or maybe Green Eggs and Ham, if they're interested. 

Green Eggs and Ham is being made into a Netflix series so I think The Cat in the Hat is more likely and they have a chance to make a better film as well!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Green Eggs and Ham is being made into a Netflix series so I think The Cat in the Hat is more likely and they have a chance to make a better film as well!

Forget about that Netflix series. The Cat in the Hat would make sense for them to do next. 

17 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Or they could do another adaptation of Halloween is Grinch Night? Anyone remember that special. Lol! I'm pretty sure they'll do the next obvious Doctor Seuss adaptation which would be The Cat in The Hat or maybe Green Eggs and Ham, if they're interested. 

Vaguely.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

Vaguely.   

I first saw it on Cartoon Network over a decade ago, I haven't seen it since then though. I don't remember too much of it, aside from the animation being lower then the classic Jones cartoon, and a particularly trippy ghost dance song sequence.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I've seen it pop up on YouTube.   Maybe next Halloween I'll give it a peak.

For me the animated special was perfect.  It told the story it needed to tell.  One big problem with these adaptations is they're adding some unnecessary back story.  

• Like 5

That's the problem with adaptation children books, especially these Dr. Seuss adaptation. They can work fine as say animated TV specials, but when you have to adapt them to film, you have add a lot just to fit a films running time length. It usually leads into a lot of unnecessary additions. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The tagline had me rolling for some reason, like they're trying to convince people that the character isn't going to be heavily modified to fit their animation style.

Of course, for all I know he could actually be a complete asshole by the end of the film. But for now he doesn't look very Grinch-like. Too cute.

• Like 1