RichWS

Friday Numbers

Argo is funny. It's going to make about another 1.8 mill this weekend and you can now buy it on BR for about 25 bucks. Two people going to the show to see it will cost them more than that if popcorn and such. Good for it though.

• Like 3

Argo is funny. It's going to make about another 1.8 mill this weekend and you can now buy it on BR for about 25 bucks. Two people going to the show to see it will cost them more than that if popcorn and such. Good for it though.

Same with Life of Pi. It's going to pull a big PTA this weekend for a movie in its fifteenth weekend, but you can buy it on iTunes now for $15. Granted, I'm sure many want to see it in 3D, but it's obvious that when there's no competition for good movies (i.e this weekend), the older good movies stick around.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Same with Life of Pi. It's going to pull a big PTA this weekend for a movie in its fifteenth weekend, but you can buy it on iTunes now for $15. Granted, I'm sure many want to see it in 3D, but it's obvious that when there's no competition for good movies (i.e this weekend), the older good movies stick around.

You guys are crazy. I'm much more impressed by Oogieloves' ability to still be losing money in its 21st weekend of non-release.

• Like 3

I thought about that too. I guess people want to see it on the big screen and get that theater experience.

• Like 2

I'm hungry for a good theater experience.....Die Hard and Broken City sucked and even though Warm Bodies was good, someone brought their entire family with them which included 3 kids all under the age of 8....ya that was great to hear little kids during that movie. 

Edited by MGK17

I'm hungry for a good theater experience.....Die Hard and Broken City sucked and even though Warm Bodies was good, someone brought their entire family with them which included 3 kids all under the age of 8....ya that was great to hear little kids during that movie. 

I recently saw Side Effects and it was really good, I'd recommend that (if you haven't seen it already and it's still playing somewhere by you).

• Like 1

I recently saw Side Effects and it was really good, I'd recommend that (if you haven't seen it already and it's still playing somewhere by you).

I was gonna see Side Effects this week but already left the theaters around here which disappointed me. Plus I always wanted to see a movie without knowing much about it and since I saw nothing for that movie and I heard its good I felt it was the perfect film. Sadly I missed it

Better Saturday numbers for Jack.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/big-budget-jack-the-giant-slayer-bombs-on-bad-weekend-for-3-new-films/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1. Jack The Giant Slayer 3D (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 3,525] PG13Friday $7.6M, Saturday $12.2M, Weekend $26.0M

2. Identity Thief (Universal) Week 4 (Runs 3,230) RFriday $2.7M, Saturday$4.2M, Weekend $9.7M, Cume $107.5M

3. 21 And Over (Relativity) NEW [Runs 2,771] RFriday $3.3M, Saturday $3.6M, Weekend $9.1M

4. The Last Exorcism Part II (CBS Films) NEW [Runs 2,700] PG13Friday $3.2M, Saturday $3.2M, Weekend $7.9M5. Snitch (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 2 [Runs 2,511] PG13Friday $2.1M, Saturday $3.5M, Weekend $7.5M (-43%), Cume $24.2M

6. Escape From Planet Earth 3D (Weinstein) Week 3 [Runs 3,110] PGFriday $1.3M, Saturday $3.3M, Weekend $6.6M, Cume $43.1M

7. Safe Haven (Relativity) Week 3 [Runs 2,951] PG13Friday $2.0M, Saturday $2.9M, Weekend $6.2M, Cume $57.0M

8. Silver Linings Playbook (Weinstein) Week 16 [Runs 1,836] RFriday $1.5M, Saturday $2.7M, Weekend $5.6M, Cume $115.2M

9. A Good Day To Die Hard (Fox) Week 3 [Runs 2,589] RFriday $1.1M, Saturday $2.1M, Weekend $4.4M, Cume $59.5M

10. Dark Skies (Weinstein) Week 2 [Runs 2,313] PG13Friday $1.0M, Saturday $1.6M, Weekend $3.5M, Cume $13.4M