Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

The body wasn't doing the acting though.  So, it wouldn't be fair if they let that matter.  It was all in the face.

You would think that, I would think that, but these sleazebag voters have pretty unreliable logic.

No idea. Bizarre result there.

Emmies have always shied away from hardcore fantasy/sci-fi unless they absolutely have to recognise it. Makes sense that the jarring rape of a minor and religious fanatics vs. royals politicking impressed them more than zombie apocalypse.

She doesn't have the strongest competition. I'd say Hendricks is the favorite due to Mad Men final sweep chance.

I don't know about that. No actor from Mad Men has ever won an Emmy for the show. It would be bizarre that they awarded Hendricks and not the leads, Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss...and going from seven years without recognizing the cast, to give one or two acting awards doesn't sound very likely.

I mean I knew Snow was going to live, there's to much set up that'd be pointless if he just died like that. I think the plot point there is to get him off of his wall oath and be able to actually do something for a change. Since he "died" he's released from his oath.

See Nell Tiger Free (Myrcella) who has tweeted lots about being in Belfast and is just there for her funeral. 

These poor actors playing characters killed in season finales. Having to travel all the way months later just to play a corpse. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

I have to say, finally catching up with the show, At this point I feel like they're just cheating to get the bad guys to win. Nothing anybody does matters. Stannis burns his kid...but doesn't matter, felt way too rushed. He was doomed no matter what apparently. Great thing about the books was that misery was thrown on everyone equally. 

Of course this is partly because the plot has been so streamlined as well. I guess they figure if they keep shocking viewers they can get away with it. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

Apparently HBO is still keen on 8 seasons as opposed to 7 and may be pushing for such 

So how long will Game of Thrones run? Executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have previously made it clear that they see around seven seasons as their goal, while HBO has made it clear they’d love the incredibly successful show to go longer.

Asked if it was looking like Game of Thrones would run seven seasons today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, HBO president Michael Lombardo replied, “That’s definitely open. I think seven seasons and out has never been the conversation. The question is how much beyond the seventh season are we going to do. At this point, obviously we're shooting [season] 6 now, hopefully discussing [season] 7. I think they’re feeling like there’s probably two more years after 6.”

Lombardo made it clear HBO still hopes for more, adding, “As I've said before, I would always love for them to change their minds,” but regarding 8 seasons, “I think that's what we’re looking at right now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/game-of-thrones-very-likely-to-run-for-8-seasons-total?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=8&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2