Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

The zombies didn't kill Sam did they? I don't want spoilers, just say yes or no. Don't say something along the lines of "not yet...".

No.

That's just a one word answer, but I figured some might not even want to know the one word.

Edited by Cozmees Everdeen

Sam should have lost a lot of weight by now. With the constant watch training, and being constantly active, he should have dropped some pounds by now.

It's like how Hurley never lost weight on Lost. Just roll with it.That said, the books do mention that he has lost weight between showing up at Castle Black and his last appearance to-date in the series.

I bought book 1 today. I was at Sam's Club and the book was staring at me. I had to get it.

Stick with it. The first book sets up lot of things but I initially found it a little slow going.

Stick with it. The first book sets up lot of things but I initially found it a little slow going.

I didn't find it slow, but I was confused as all hell at first. I hadn't watched any of the 1st season yet and had no clue as to anyone's name or the places, etc.There are just SO many names & places thrown your way at first and it's hard to get a mental picture of what you're reading when it's thrown at you like that. But stick with it, as it is awesome.

Trading in slaves. Which he did only because he was left broke after trying to appease his 2nd wife who thought Bear Island (the seat of House Mormont) was boring and horrible.But alas, slave trading was/is against the law in the North (and the rest of Westeros) so Ned Stark was forced to condemn him to death. So Jorah fled to Essos (Lys specifically) with his wife to escape the execution, in lieu of taking the black to join his father (his father is Commander Mormont of the Night's Watch.)He tried to be a sellsword in Lys, but failed and his wife left him. Viserys Targaryen happened to notice him at Daenerys' engagement party in Pentos, so he asked him to "work" for them. That's when he decided to try and earn the royal pardon by selling Dany (& Viserys) to the Baratheons/Lannisters. But once he started to admire & love Dany, he stopped.

I didn't find it slow, but I was confused as all hell at first. I hadn't watched any of the 1st season yet and had no clue as to anyone's name or the places, etc.There are just SO many names & places thrown your way at first and it's hard to get a mental picture of what you're reading when it's thrown at you like that. But stick with it, as it is awesome.

Probably slow might not be the right word. It covers a lot of seperate storys before finding a real focus. Still, I loved it. I also only read it for the first time about 6 months ago before I watched the series. I avoided learning or watching anything about the series as I read the books so I wouldn't be spoiled. One thing I did know was that Sean Bean and Mark Addy were probably the most well known actors in the cast for the first season. Being a TV series you'd expect them to last beyond 1 season so their fates in the book were a bit more of a surprise to me.I'm reading A Dance with Dragons right now.

Trading in slaves. Which he did only because he was left broke after trying to appease his 2nd wife who thought Bear Island (the seat of House Mormont) was boring and horrible.But alas, slave trading was/is against the law in the North (and the rest of Westeros) so Ned Stark was forced to condemn him to death. So Jorah fled to Essos (Lys specifically) with his wife to escape the execution, in lieu of taking the black to join his father (his father is Commander Mormont of the Night's Watch.)He tried to be a sellsword in Lys, but failed and his wife left him. Viserys Targaryen happened to notice him at Daenerys' engagement party in Pentos, so he asked him to "work" for them. That's when he decided to try and earn the royal pardon by selling Dany (& Viserys) to the Baratheons/Lannisters. But once he started to admire & love Dany, he stopped.

I wonder if any of our non-book viewers picked up that Commander Mormont is Jorah Mormonts father. I can't recall, did the show make mention of it? Edited by DeeCee