Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Didn't they already film there for season 2? Either for Quarth or for pyke.

Pyke was filmed in Northern Ireland.Qarth was filmed mostly in Dubrovnik, Croatia. They filmed some of Season 1 in Malta. Edited by 4815162342

Halfway through the first season now. The death of Viserys looked rediculously painful.

Ah, it was probably only a few seconds of pain. I felt much worse for King Robert; he must have been in agony for hours, if not days.

• Community Manager

God, I love this show. And I even got my boyfriend - who's more the Twilight and soap opera fan, so I thought he'd not have the patience for it - to absolutely love it.

Considering that this show has a lot of soap opera elements (INCEST! MARRYING SOMEONE WHILE BEING PROMISED TO SOMEONE ELSE! ATTEMPTED MURDER! MURDER! RAPE! PLOTTING! EVEN MORE PLOTTING!), why wouldn't he like this show?

Considering that this show has a lot of soap opera elements (INCEST! MARRYING SOMEONE WHILE BEING PROMISED TO SOMEONE ELSE! ATTEMPTED MURDER! MURDER! RAPE! PLOTTING! EVEN MORE PLOTTING!), why wouldn't he like this show?

True enough, I suppose. But it's hard to compare the two. Plus, you know...soaps are FUCKING DUMB! :lol:

Mad Men is pretty soapish and it's easily one of the three best shows on TV, but we're talking about primetime soaps here.

Isn't it always amazing what good production values and good acting do? Give the same material to the teams behind a daytime soap and a primetime one and the differences will be staggering.

Rumor is that we'll learn some casting news soonish. There's already possible leaks via Twitter about people showing up in Belfast for script readings, costume fittings, etc (but no hint on what they'd be doing) and other hints/clues via online media about a couple roles being cast (such as Stannis' wife Selsye and a character called Myranda which is likely either a code-name for some other character (Big theories here are Meera Reed or Roslin Frey) or a character who will function as a composite (one big theory is that Myranda will be a composite of Margaery Tyrell's three cousins from ASOS/AFFC).