A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

On 8/12/2016 at 7:18 PM, kayumanggi said:

Passengers 2

Prometheus suits, that nice!

Anyway - trailer looked nice, budget is shown. But why this movie have so much hype here? There is nothing very interesting about premise, about people behind it, visuals are only 'ok', trailer is only 'good'... Why so much hype?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charism said:

Anyway - trailer looked nice, budget is shown. But why this movie have so much hype here? There is nothing very interesting about premise, about people behind it, visuals are only 'ok', trailer is only 'good'... Why so much hype?

3a9296910b700fb0_tumblr_mj1k17kIL61qfjyr

tumblr_naqvb8QcI81qf0u5lo1_500.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charism said:

Gotta agree to this. I don't understand the hype

5 minutes ago, Charism said:

Because it's refreshing to see a non-franchise big budget movie. It's very rare these days (not counting animation). We want to see something original.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Looks solid. It should make 200m.

It should make 250m, Maybe even 300m, at least as long as the movie itself is solid (IE not rotten on RT).

This looks like a big crowd pleaser and the reactions I'm seeing to the trailer are hugely positive. I think this will be a big date movie come December.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

Meh. Arrival - that's what I understand. But this?
I don't like blazed Lawrence, and think that Pratt fits only in quirky, comedic movies. So cast is rather a minus for me.
Morten Tyldum - Hodejegerne was a nice movie (I gave 7), but Imitation Game was boring mess of editing. I gave 6. So no hype for director.

Non franchise big budget... Yeah, I see where that came from, but I will not support ANY non franchise big blockbuster solemny because it's non franchise. No hype here.

But you do you Booboos. ;) Just don't overhype this movie BO predictions. Around 300WW should be fine.

Edited by Charism
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

It should make 250m, Maybe even 300m, at least as long as the movie itself is solid (IE not rotten on RT).

This looks like a big crowd pleaser and the reactions I'm seeing to the trailer are hugely positive. I think this will be a big date movie come December.

I know you don't want spoilers but {and this isn't really a spoiler but to be safe 

Spoiler

I think that would require a major retooling of the script which they may have done.

It's hard to tell if that's happened or it's just marketing which of course can be even more effective than the actual content or quality of a movie in luring in audience.

Edited by TalismanRing

meh trailer considering all the supposed hoopla about this movie, and like other people said, looks pretty derivative.  But even saying that, it should do solid to good numbers and I may catch it if I have nothing else to do one day, so it at least did that part of its job