A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

14 minutes ago, TLK said:

What's the deal with the black list hype anyway ? My understanding is that it is just a compilation of how popular a script is with Hollywood executives and it says nothing about the actual quality of the script. Most blacklisted scripted never pan out into good movies.

It's just a way for producers to hype a project up that doesn't have a #brand attached to it. All the movie blogs run with it and mention the Black List in every article tho lol

• Community Manager
Just now, Chewy said:

It's just a way for producers to hype a project up that doesn't have a #brand attached to it. All the movie blogs run with it and mention the Black List in every article tho lol

No, it's an actual thing. It's just a list made every year that has the "best" unproduced scripts of the year. It's really great if your a fresh writer: it not only means your script was read by executives but they liked it (although clearly not enough to buy it until it's on the list). Of course, if they are later produced, that's good too, but chances are the script will go through lots of changes in the process so that the script that was on the black list might not even resemble the script that was actually shot.

You can't just claim a script is a black list script, lol and it's not easy to get on there.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

No, it's an actual thing. It's just a list made every year that has the "best" unproduced scripts of the year. It's really great if your a fresh writer: it not only means your script was read by executives but they liked it (although clearly not enough to buy it until it's on the list). Of course, if they are later produced, that's good too, but chances are the script will go through lots of changes in the process so that the script that was on the black list might not even resemble the script that was actually shot.

You can't just claim a script is a black list script, lol and it's not easy to get on there.

I know that it's a real thing. I'm talking about the way bloggers and fans talk about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Anyone who has any kind of strong opinion on celebrities based on what they heard or read on the news should rethink their lives.

So basically, 100 % of movie stars' fans. Because we all know that every major star has an army of PR people that carefully orchestrate the media image of their star clients. 

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

no it won't. Neither actor is a draw overseas. This will be a money loser

It's a space spectacle. Those have been performing pretty strongly overseas, regardless of the star, it's likely making atleast 100m OS. 

Edited by babz06

I'm trying not to inundate you with too much of the last days of the promo tour.... but I think this is relevant even on this forum's terms:

45 minutes ago, John Marston said:

no it won't. Neither actor is a draw overseas. This will be a money loser

Um, obviously you know nothing about Jennifer Lawrence's following overseas.  Quite possibly Pratt's as well, I just can't speak to that.

38 minutes ago, Beals said:

Which of its overpaid, overrated stars will the media blame more if once Passengers flops at the box office? Whose alleged box office drawing power will be reported as crumbling, Pratt’s or Lawrence’s?

11 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Both.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Beals said:

Which of its overpaid, overrated stars will the media blame more if once Passengers flops at the box office? Whose alleged box office drawing power will be reported as crumbling, Pratt’s or Lawrence’s?

I bet you most media outlets will blame her.

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

And after this flops, the investors will regret it. After Serena, Joy,  and this, she will probably go back to superhero films and YA megafranchises. :D 

EH  i'm not convinced it flops. like TLK said, i doubt the target audience cares about reviews. those are for adult dramas. teens just want to see two hot stars on screen

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

lol at this. Neither Pratt nor Lawrence are draws. Especially overseas. This movie has a 160m budget. It is bombing

The movie has a $100 M budget after tax credits. 

Jen has been a draw overseas for some time. 

If the movie truly is bad (which I doubt) no star could make it a blockbuster.  But that people have to make up absurdly high budget numbers even after the RT rating really makes me wonder what their angle might be.

3 hours ago, trifle said:

I'm trying not to inundate you with too much of the last days of the promo tour.... but I think this is relevant even on this forum's terms:

For the record, I appreciate all of your posts related to the movie and welcome them. I enjoyed the thread more when you were posting promotional material, clips, interviews, reception, etc - all stuff that is related to the film and its box office potential. Those kind of posts gave me more information to discuss box office and how interested general audiences may be. So cheers.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3