A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This is hardly a "big blockbuster" at least in the traditional sense.

It sure has a blockbuster budget and marketing though.

My remark was jus in good fun guys, just alluding to the fact that I haven't agreed with critics in general all that much this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

As opposed to the only slightly less worthless reviews by professional critics when it comes to big blockbusters like this...

I definitely trust critics more than random people on Twitter. There were several movies this year or last year when I didn't agree with them (Force Awakens for example), but usually they're good enough for me if I want to decide which movie I should watch.

Edit: This doesn't mean I won't watch a movie with so-so reviews if I love the director/actors. Reviews are part of the appeal for me but that's all.

Edited by misafeco

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Why are they doing a European tour now when the movie is out in 2 and a half weeks??

This doesn't sense to me. Well you are going to tell me because the movie is released on holidays. -.-

Why do you think it's strange?

41 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Why are they doing a European tour now when the movie is out in 2 and a half weeks??

This doesn't sense to me. Well you are going to tell me because the movie is released on holidays. -.-

They are taking a one week break in the middle.  Jen is supposed to be taping a New Year's special with Seth Myers, but that was today. Or tomorrow.  I suspect that a) the actors have scheduling issues (Jen is in preproduction for Red Sparrow which films in the UK and Hungary starting in January) and b ) they don't want to be drowned out by Rogue One promos.

They go to Korea and China in a week.

Edited by trifle

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Audience reactions are not good?

Based on the marketing materials. World makes no sense, jokes are lame, and it seems like the movie tries to do too much and be for everyone.

3 hours ago, straggler said:

Why are you talking about Rogue One on the Passenger's thread? 

I'm talking about Passengers in the Passengers thread. ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

What reason is there to think it'll be good, honestly? Okay, it has a December release, but with R1 taking the brunt of the publicity you'd think they'd want to get some early buzz out for this movie.

Also, I didn't like The Imitation Game

HEADHUNTERS is a very slick little thriller, though. Made me (at least partially) re-evaluate Tyldum. That being said, he doesn't feel like a good fit for this material... but that's just me.

• Like 3

Oh boy, I'm following this movie thanks to this thread and yet I just see star wars geeks talking ****. Aren't y'all busy fainting everytime you hear Darth Vader breathing or preteding Force Awakens isn't the carbon copy of Episode IV or that Rouge One isn't the watered down version of the original vision of Gareth Edwards which was coherent with the purpose of spin-off stories :lol::lol:.

Worry not cause this may bank with the female moviegoers who won't touch Rouge One with a ten foot pole

Edited by XO21

2 hours ago, XO21 said:

Oh boy, I'm following this movie thanks to this thread and yet I just see star wars geeks talking ****. Aren't y'all busy fainting everytime you hear Darth Vader breathing or preteding Force Awakens isn't the carbon copy of Episode IV or that Rouge One isn't the watered down version of the original vision of Gareth Edwards which was coherent with the purpose of spin-off stories :lol::lol:.

Worry not cause this may bank with the female moviegoers who won't touch Rouge One with a ten foot pole

Stop please.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XO21 said:

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

Star Wars doesn't attract female filmgoers?  My mom fucking loves Star Wars and has seen every movie with me.  We saw TFA opening night, and we will see Rogue One opening night (she's also excited for Passengers too).  Plenty of female students at my school are excited too.

I don't know what the male/female split for TFA's OW was, and I'm too lazy to find it, so for now, I'll provide some anecdotal evidence :).

• Like 1