A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I feel bad for JLaw fans, they were so excited for this. I still hope you guys love the movie, though. That's what matters.

But part of me is also happy about this, because Chris Pratt is terrible in serious roles, and he kills animals for fun. Hollywood please stop forcing him as the next big star, he's only good playing goofy comedic characters.

Don't forget that Jlaw is not exactly a compassionate, sensitive, socially aware person: 

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i still like jlaw but she's obv not the type of actor who elevates characters that are shoddy on the page. why she seemed so checked out in the last x-men and hunger games. she'll kill it in the aronofsky movie i'm sure.

I'm pretty sure she was only in X-Men: Apocalypse because she was contractually-obligated to make it. It certainly showed in her indifferent performance.

H'm. It sounds like there is a major issue witrh the script and how to pull it off. There is a creepy factor apparently.

Jlaw has had some bad luck working with directors that seem to have an excellent pedigree, but English is not there first language and they have to work outside their comfort zone. In Serena the director deviated too much from the script because it was not the type of film she was used to making. Here it seems Tydlum did not challenge the script enough. 

But there is a question. But I wonder why Sony did not hold up the embargo. Were they getting good responses from test audiences, and will audiences accept the premise of the film (love conquers all, really) better than critics. 

If this movie makes money never claim Jlaw is not a draw. (Well in that case they will say it was all Pratt).  

Edited by straggler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the people here don't care

Exactly. Those "incidents" are typical twitter storm in a teacup that neither reaches casual audience nor casual audience would care if it did. Nor all of Internet population cares. people who are offended by eevrything are still the smallest niche on the Internet, as loud as they may be. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

GA doesn't care whether Pratt hunts or whether JLaw doesn't respect some religion they never heard of. 

Some people have an unhealthy obsession with celebrities. Why should I care what a Hollywood star thinks about anything?

• Like 2

Just now, Valonqar said:

GA doesn't care whether Pratt hunts or whether JLaw doesn't respect some religion they never heard of. 

I am sure that many hard-core vegans and many people of Hawaiian descent are part of the GA. It will probably not make a huge difference at the box office, but some people will certainly be convinced to skip this turd by her entitled, white-privilege-fueled ways (I know I was).

In any case, she already got paid (more than Pratt did, BTW...and not a peep from her about gender-related pay inequality), so she's good.

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Don't forget that Jlaw is not exactly a compassionate, sensitive, socially aware person: 

Oh please. Somone commits an inadvertent faux pas and suddenly they are a bad person. Must be great being infallible.  Oh, I see you are full SJW. Oh well. 

Edited by straggler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, misafeco said:

Some people have an unhealthy obsession with celebrities. Why should I care what a Hollywood star thinks about anything?

Exactly. Look how "well" celebs telling America how to vote went. people don't care what entertainers think beyond This Fashion brand >>> That fashion brand. Their job is to entertain. Everything beyond that is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Jennifer seems like a horrible person and her whole "relatable girl ;)" persona is obviously fake. 

I used to love her, I admit. But the more I saw her palpably fake "I am so real!" attitude (in addition to the Hawaii thing), the more I disliked her. Now she will not get a penny from me...

2016 hasn't panned out for Pratt like people expected huh?

Can't judge his performance in Passengers since I haven't seen the movie. But Jurassic World was already more than half way in convincing me that his charms and actings would be way better utilized in roles like Star-Lord and far away from the self-serious/stoic types. Nothing wrong with that. Still like him a lot.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Exactly. Look how "well" celebs telling America how to vote went. people don't care what entertainers think beyond This Fashion brand >>> That fashion brand. Their job is to entertain. Everything beyond that is irrelevant. 

I agree with this. I don't need celebrities to make up my mind about politics or any other issues.

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

I used to love her, I admit. But the more I saw her palpably fake "I am so real!" attitude (in addition to the Hawaii thing), the more I disliked her. Now she will not get a penny from me...

She is an unfiltered person who cannot not be real. I like her in your face humanity. That is why she is so talented. Her wired personality and anxiety go together with her acting. She is easily my favorite. But I'm not petty.

• Like 1