A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

JLaw will be fine. DOR movies maybe weren't big hits because of her, but they were big hits anyway and she got an oscar and multiple nominations for those. She's in the next Aronofsky movie and I bet a lot of other big-name directors would want to work with her. She'll need a few more flops before starting saying that she's gonna end up like Kate Hudson playing concerned wife on the phone by her mid30s.

Pratt is in a more unsure position. He pretty much has his Marvel/Jurassic sequels to keep him in the spotlight for another decade but he can easily be just another Hemsworth.

7 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

You can always make a spoiler tag by typing [ spoiler ] stuff to be spoiled [ /spoiler ]

(without the spaces)

Okay got it! Thanks lol I'm usually on my phone when I'm on this site so I never knew how to spoiler tag from the phone lol :( 

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

JLaw will be fine. DOR movies maybe weren't big hits because of her, but they were big hits anyway and she got an oscar and multiple nominations for those. She's in the next Aronofsky movie and I bet a lot of other big-name directors would want to work with her. She'll need a few more flops before starting saying that she's gonna end up like Kate Hudson playing concerned wife on the phone by her mid30s.

Pratt is in a more unsure position. He pretty much has his Marvel/Jurassic sequels to keep him in the spotlight for another decade but he can easily be just another Hemsworth.

Both will be fine. They are just too big now to get hurt in the sense that they won't command big paycheck or get leading roles. Their teams will simply blame Rogue One and studio for positioning the movie as the direct competition (even though romantic nature should have worked as a counter-programming). But if the trend continues, there will always be other stars in their age range (20 something actress, 30something actor) who got exposure from a big franchise and/or have awards. Daisy Ridley, Brie Larson, Andrew Garfield, Diego Luna, Adam Driver, etc. Those lists grow daily. 

4 hours ago, misafeco said:

Saw the trailer before Rogue One. My sister asked me "is this girl from The Hunger Games?". She really liked the trailer and wants to see the movie. Passenger opens in January here.

Your sister is a woman of discerning taste!

13 hours ago, kowhite said:

Link fail?

Yeah, she took it down, not sure why. Sorry!

That was the picture on the wrap mug gift

Spoiler

I did not see the original this was modified from (this one was the one on the wrap party mug) in the movie.  I thi.nk they wanted to keep it under 2 hours

I'm hoping word of mouth will catch up with this when people lift their heads from their holiday events.  Unfortunately, that might not be until Monday.

Edited by trifle

Not exactly sure what you would do with one of these, but I hated to deprive you of the chance to win one.

Note that it specifies that this is for display only. You should not expect it to ACTUALLY keep you in suspended animation.