A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

4 minutes ago, ThatOneMorgan said:

I'm also stanning for Magnificent Seven, Snowden, Deepwater Horizon, and Miss Peregrine's.  RIP those movies :sadben: 

Now I'm just going to imagine the plot of Mag 7 being outlaws and cowboys fighting an omnipresent box office curse in universe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatOneMorgan said:

I'm also stanning for Magnificent Seven, Snowden, Deepwater Horizon, and Miss Peregrine's.  RIP those movies :sadben: 

Showden and Miss Peregrine's look like they're going to underperform way before your curse comes into play.

Deepwater Horizon I wasn't sure about, but with a $150M budget it's gonna take a lot for that to break even.

17 minutes ago, antovolk said:

LOL!

However, I will be really bummed if they use some reshoot instead of the shot where Aurora

Spoiler
Spoiler

is swimming in the pool on the ship and the ship loses gravity and she floats up in floating bubbles of water and has to struggle out of them without the benefit of gravity.

I assume they are shooting to redo scenes they needed certain special effects for to use ones they can finalize rather than the patented process that is undergoing a lawsuit.

Oh well.

Any news on if they still plan to keep it on schedule?  They did late reshoots for some other stuff, so I don't know if this will necessarily hold it up, but it is starting to feel late.  I'd rather they did it right, but if they know what they are going to do about the date I wish they would tell us.

Also, they could give us a teaser trailer without special effects that just says 'coming soon' or something....

edit:

Imdb mentions it briefly too.  Just that it is in reshoots, there is no other information.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3170884/

Edited by trifle

While I can't be sure, if it's actually going through these reshoots now they can't be very lengthy. Pratt is about to start promoting Mag7 in less than a week and has not been filming up to a few days ago.

I think JLaw also just wrapped on her Aronofsky movie a few days ago.

Since they're basically the only two actors in the movie, seems like it's at most a few days of reshoots.

If it doesn't have marketing come out by the time Magnificent 7 is released, going to make it very hard to release it over the Holiday season.  

They can't move it to Spring or Summer next year as they don't want to put their Chris Pratt space movie up against Disney/Marvel's Chris Pratt space movie.  

Looking at the calendar, it makes the most sense to either make the original date or move it to next late September or October.  They can't release it in November as Thor: Ragnarok and Justice League have that locked down.  December is locked by Star Wars Episode 8 and others.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

If it doesn't have marketing come out by the time Magnificent 7 is released, going to make it very hard to release it over the Holiday season.  

They can't move it to Spring or Summer next year as they don't want to put their Chris Pratt space movie up against Disney/Marvel's Chris Pratt space movie.  

Looking at the calendar, it makes the most sense to either make the original date or move it to next late September or October.  They can't release it in November as Thor: Ragnarok and Justice League have that locked down.  December is locked by Star Wars Episode 8 and others.  

Valentine's Day could work. March or July are each two months apart from GotG2 so I don't see the problem either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Valentine's Day could work. March or July are each two months apart from GotG2 so I don't see the problem either.

Valentine's Day is too crowded next year - you got Lego Batman, Fifty Shades and John Wick. Sure, Passengers would be the most surefire bet of 'em all sans Batman, but still, I don't know if it would be a great idea.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Valentine's Day is too crowded next year - you got Lego Batman, Fifty Shades and John Wick. Sure, Passengers would be the most surefire bet of 'em all sans Batman, but still, I don't know if it would be a great idea.

That wouldn't be Sony's problem, that would be a problem for Universal and Lionsgate.

• Like 1