Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Definitely not as family friendly as Avengers.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way watching this w/ my cousin today.Personally I still enjoyed the film, even with all its twists and silly plot developments. Big thing it has going for me is its pacing is much, much better than IM2's with a satisfying balance of action and dialogue. They toned down Tony's snark just enough that it didn't get in the way of the plot while still allowing him to maintain his character and humor. My grade's on the line between B+ and A- but I'm certain it's the best film I've seen so far this year. Edited by tribefan695

Yeah the anxiety stuff is great, the stuff with the kid is great, the twist is hilarious and I actually liked both of the villains.

I think my biggest problems with the film are that it glosses over some exposition that could really use another minute or two of explanation, and that Rebecca Hall's character is utterly pointless. Like, she does nothing in the movie. Why?

I don't even understand her motivation for agreeing to help Killian.

• Like 2

I don't know, I think she said something about money? Maybe she was pissed about the one night stand? :rofl:

That character is maybe the most pointless in any of these movies ever

• Like 1

:bop:

"How Captain America in AVENGERS gave the true meaning behind everything IRON MAN 3"

Posted Image

Kind of spoilerish, but if you've seen the movie, read on!

Iron Man 3 is Tony Stark's search for the answer to Captain America's question back in The Avengers: "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away -- what are you?"

Tony had been holding onto his arc reactor chest piece because he thought it defined who he was as Iron Man, which is also why he spent a lot of sleepless nights building and building more armors.

In the end of IM3, with the help of the Extremis formula on Pepper, Tony could use it and also finally let his arc reactor go because he finally understood that Iron Man is the man who "built" the armor (The Mechanic) and not the armor that wears the man.

That similar meaning is also conveyed between Aldrich Killian and the real meaning behind The Mandarin. In other words, Killian was Tony, while The Mandarin was just Killian's suit of armor.

"I am the Mandarin" was what Killian said to Tony during their final battle, which did two things: 1st it highlighted probably Mandarin's most famous line "You'll never see me coming." 2nd it also reverberated the last thing Tony said before the end.

And despite that Tony no longer has any Iron Man suits to wear, it didn't matter anymore because like Tony said in the end of the film even without the armor, "I... AM Iron Man".

P.S.

On a different sidenote, Killian was the human version of The Mandarin's Fing Fang Foom complete with dragon tattoos and fire breath!

Posted Image

Edited by Jordanstine
  • Like 3

When I saw it again today.... knowing the twist it really takes away from the first half of the movie. This I think we'll severely limit repeat viewings.

• Like 1

I give it a C+. Considering the President had his life threatened, Shield should have been in there and they should have said Cap can't help out, and since Banner was in the cameo at the end, maybe Banner says he passes because he doesn't want to be the Hulk unless it is absolutely necessary. 

The first two IM films were more grounded in reality. This took things to a more comic book level. I don't think it worked. Aliens in Avengers are more believable than invincible fire breathing men. The twist sucked. And, well, I just felt this movie was average. It wasn't terrible though. But, let's not kid ourselves IM2 is much better than this film. 

• Like 3

I give it a C+. Considering the President had his life threatened, Shield should have been in there and they should have said Cap can't help out, and since Banner was in the cameo at the end, maybe Banner says he passes because he doesn't want to be the Hulk unless it is absolutely necessary. 

The first two IM films were more grounded in reality. This took things to a more comic book level. I don't think it worked. Aliens in Avengers are more believable than invincible fire breathing men. The twist sucked. And, well, I just felt this movie was average. It wasn't terrible though. But, let's not kid ourselves IM2 is much better than this film. 

I just can't believe that, however, based on what I am reading IM3 doesn't sound that much better

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but how do military helicopters fly into Malibu, launch missiles at a house for ten solid minutes as part of a terrorist attack, and then just fly off, with no mention of a pursuit? I'm not even hating (maybe nitpicking)- this bothered me in the movie, and was the moment it started to go downhill a little for me. 

• Like 3

Best marvel. I really enjoyed this few. It was funny, good action, and great acting. There area few complains but. Who cares it kicked ass. 7.5/10. But by far the worst crowd experience. All little kids and they would not shut up and they running out of theater. The kid next talked. The whole movie. Fucking pissed about the crowd.

Our crowd was the same....people thought it would be as fun as The Avengers...it isn't... The humor is lost on the little kids...they get bored and then run amok.

How are the moms reacting to that "pussy" line? I haven't seen it with a family crowd (I saw a pre-screening that was mostly young adults). I saw Avengers on opening night and there were a ton of moms with their kids in the crowd. I kinda wonder how that line in IM3 is going over with those families. It might even differ region to region, city to city. This town is extremely conservative, so I bet there are some parents who weren't too happy when that popped up in their screenings this weekend.

How are the moms reacting to that "pussy" line? I haven't seen it with a family crowd (I saw a pre-screening that was mostly young adults). I saw Avengers on opening night and there were a ton of moms with their kids in the crowd. I kinda wonder how that line in IM3 is going over with those families. It might even differ region to region, city to city. This town is extremely conservative, so I bet there are some parents who weren't too happy when that popped up in their screenings this weekend.

There was laughs, this movie way funnier than Avengers