kayumanggi

11/18/11 - 11/20/11 weekend estimates 139.5 M TTS: BD l | 22.0 M HF ll

There is a certain maximum multiplier fan-driven films can have. No matter how much fans like a film, word-of-mouth isn't going to matter much because at this point there aren't likely to be many converts.

Edited by tribefan695

I'm sorry, I can't see it doing less than 280 now, even NM passed a 2x multiplier and this movie is much better received by the fans.

I definitely don't see it doing lower than 280. I think it's far more likely go over 290. I just don't see how this would fall below 290 million. Yes, it will be a bit front loaded, but I can't see it being THAT front loaded.

BD1 won't drop any harder than NM did. There's no reason for it to. I don't know why so many of you think this is going to start behaving unlike every other Twilight film.

These films are always underestimated, and they always seem to prove people wrong. I still remember how NM and Eclipse were supposed to gross less than their predecessors. We all know how that turned out.

I know I'm probably the only one still watching the Bridesmaids vs. The Help race but I just find it so fascinating. 2 movies so similar but so different that have paralleled each other since their opening weekends and have been very close each week since. The Help is winding down doing just $280,000 this weekend and looks to fall just a wee bit short of Bridesmaids when all is said and done but it'll be really close.

Bridesmaids- $169,106,725

The Help- $168,214,000

I know I'm probably the only one still watching the Bridesmaids vs. The Help race but I just find it so fascinating. 2 movies so similar but so different that have paralleled each other since their opening weekends and have been very close each week since. The Help is winding down doing just $280,000 this weekend and looks to fall just a wee bit short of Bridesmaids when all is said and done but it'll be really close.

Bridesmaids- $169,106,725

The Help- $168,214,000

Wow didn't even notice The Help made all that. Nice! Love the cast.

I'v been watching it too, but I think The Help is going to just make over $170m.

I'd love to see that, but it's already in second run theaters and another $1.8 mil seems unlikely. It should hold quite well with the holidays coming but even the $900,000 needed to pass Bridesmaids will be tough unless it lingers in theaters another 4 weeks.

If that 40 million Saturday holds true then based on New Moon's drop Sunday should be nearer $26.4 million, for a $138.3M OW.

Given that OW, the total is on pace for $283.6 million

It's on pace for 287.6 if it hits 138.3. NM's multiplier was 2.08.