The Creator

Box Office Alliance Season 1 (Full Season Here)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Player of the Season?

• The Dark Alfred (placed 1st)
    • acsc1312 (placed 2nd)
    • CEDAR (placed 3rd)
    • Fake (placed 4th)
    • Townzy89 (placed 5th)
    • XenoZodiac (placed 6th)
  2. 2. What was the best team of the season?

• The Firerisers (Games 1-14) (Game 15)
    • The Shadowlords (Games 1-13)
    • The Wild Cards (Games 1-13)
    • The Epic Losers (Games 1-12)
    • Amazingly Adequate (Games 1-10)
    • The Beasts in the Bushes (Games 1-9)
    • Stark Brothers (Games 1-5)
    • The Pirates (Games 1-4)
    • The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was (Games 1-3)
    • Team Avatrek (Games 1-2)
    • Team Hunger (Games 1-5)
    • The Icelords (Game 15)

While waiting for the Challenge, here is game 7.

Game 7 - Due Friday, 3/9/12, at 11:00 P.M. Eastern

READ CLOSELY. TRICK QUESTIONS INVOLVED.

1. Predict the difference between John Carter's opening weekend and Dr. Seuss's The Lorax's second weekend

2. Predict John Carter's Saturday Per Theater Average

3. Predict John Carter's Sunday Percent Drop

4. Predict The Lorax's total gross through Saturday

5. Predict Project X's Friday gross

BONUS

According to Box Office Mojo, Safe House has an estimated budget of 85 million. By what percent value will Safe House be above this budget by the end of the weekend. Its gross as of last weekend is 108.36 million.

You will receive certain point and/or percent values based on the accuracy of your answers.

This process is difficult to manage. I try to get the people to post their choices here and/or to PM their chosen members, but they never seem to do that so I'm always stuck mediating the situation and that takes a lot of time. Right now Dom Cobb has purchased an immunity for 8 points, and Mattrek has not yet responded. Empire has also been chosen as a running mate but has more than 8 points as well to purchase an immunity.

Next week I may make a change regarding immunities.

Just an idea...can't we just post here if we'd buy an immunity right after results are posted that way the winning team knows who they have to choose from/what other options to choose?

You're way behind the times mate. That has already been proved inefficient using trial and error method.

The most effective way I can think to run Season 2 would be to let this game have its own sub-forum like Baumer's Summer Game. That way it's more noticeable and accessible. Only a few people seem to post in here every week, and the rest respond to the PMs I send. But because I have to be here to mediate things when it's PM-based, things get slowed down.

And Mattrek, I don't know why you didn't get the message because I did send on and Dom Cobb got it, but I'm accepting your purchase of immunity.

CEDAR, this means you are up next, and you can purchase immunity also for 8 points.

....this is becoming a clusterfuck. Don't worry, guys. This season is a bit of a test to see how the game can change, and I see ways already that next season will be different.

Guys, everything was offline for me yesterday. The site was down for me and I'm not certain if anyone else experienced any glitches, but I did get predictions from everyone I think so maybe not. However, obviously The Challenge has been delayed, but I have it all under management now. Here's the scoop:

Dom Cobb, Mattrek, CEDAR, and EmpireStrikesBack each purchased immunities and lose 8 points a piece. That's 32 points that have been added to the Bank Account. Now the two members chosen to go into The Challenge are:

Electric and JamesFord92

Here's how The Challenge will work this week. Both Electric and JamesFord92 answered the questions this week, so whoever has the highest score of the two will remain in the game while the lower-scoring player will be eliminated.

Up first, we have last week's Challenge. Because of delays, the Challenge ended up coinciding with this week's questions, so as both members chosen for the Challenge (Electric of Amazingly Adequate and JamesFord92 of The Wild Cars) each answered all the questions fairly, the higher scoring player would advance on while the lower scoring player would be eliminated. Both players' scores will still weigh into their team averages, however, because they weren't “officially” eliminated (well only one will be eliminated) until after the results. So, here's the results of the Challenge:

Electric:

95.59%

JamesFord92:

79.03%

James, you were a great player this season and I hope to see you back later. You made it a good way through the season (more than halfway) and even further than your original partner Spaghetti.

Now, onto this week:

"Heating Up" - Game 7

We've reached game 7, and sixteen members remain alive on six teams. This week, two members from the same team were eliminated. JamesFord92 of "The Wild Cards" and formerly of "The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was" lost the Challenge, while fellow teammate and alpha member of "The Wild Cards" DerekVI was eliminated for his third consecutive strike.

Meanwhile, "The Firerisers" led a very close game. CEDAR led the team and earned the highest individual score of the season, thus earning 5 Bank Account points. The results are as follows:

AMAZINGLY ADEQUATE

Electric: 95.59% +3 (+2 2nd individual, +1 90%+)

EmpireStrikesBack: 0% -1 (-1 1st strike)

RichWS: 94.22% +1 (+1 90%+)

AVERAGE: 63.27% +3

THE BEASTS IN THE BUSHES

Dom Cobb: 83.27%

Mattrek: 89.99%

AVERAGE: 86.63%

THE EPIC LOSERS

Fake: 94.38% +3 (+2 2nd team, +1 90%+)

Schumacher FTW: 95.47% +6 (+1 3rd individual, +2 2nd team, +1 highest John Carter Saturday PTA, +1 highest John Carter Sunday % drop, +1 90%+)

Totem: 85.93% +2 (+2 2nd team)

AVERAGE: 91.93% +12

THE FIRERISERS

CEDAR: 98.24% +16 (+5 Bank Account, +3 1st individual, +3 1st team, +1 highest Project X, +3 3 weeks in a row top 3, +1 90%+)

The Dark Alfred: 93.56% +8 (+3 1st team, +1 highest John Carter Sunday % drop, +3 3 weeks in a row top 3, +1 90%+)

Townzy89: 95.13% +8 (+3 1st team, +1 highest John Carter/Lorax diff., +3 3 weeks in a row top 3, +1 90%+)

AVERAGE: 95.64% +32

THE SHADOWLORDS

Andrew the Alien: 91.62% +2 (+1 3rd team, +1 90%+)

acsc1312: 86.99%+1 (+1 3rd team)

XenoZodiac: 91.39% +2 (+1 3rd team, +1 90%+)

AVERAGE: 90.00% +5

THE WILD CARDS

Cjohn: 82.43%

DerekVI: 0% (3rd strike; eliminated; score not counted)

JamesFord92: 79.03% (score counted, but player eliminated)

Kalo21: 69.66%

AVERAGE: 77.04%

Edited by The Creator

Season 1

THE PILOT – January 27-29, 2012

-11 teams, 22 members

-Stark Brothers (RichWS and Totem) win

-acsc1312 (Shadowlords) and Electric (Amazingly Adequate) chosen for The Challenge

-acsc1312 eliminated, but on technicality allowed to stay in

THE CHRONICLE CONTINUES – February 3-5, 2012

-11 teams, 22 members

-Team Hunger (CEDAR and Andrew the Alien) win

-Team Avatrek (Avatarfan and Mattrek) sent into The Challenge

-Mattrek reassigned to “The Beasts in the Bushes”

THE PIRATES STEAL THE SHOW – February 10-12, 2012

-10 teams, 21 members

-The Pirates (Cjohn and Dom Cobb) win

-Fake (The Epic Losers) and Spaghetti (The Very Best,...) chosen for The Challenge

-Spaghetti eliminated

-JamesFord92 reassigned to “The Wild Cards”

A STARK SUCCESS – February 17-19, 2012

-9 teams, 19 members

-Metta World Peace (The Beasts in the Bushes) eliminated for 3 strikes

-Stark Brothers (RichWS and Totem) win again

-The Shadowlords (XenoZodiac and acsc1312) complete 4th consecutive week in top 3

-The Pirates (Cjohn and Dom Cobb) broken up

-Cjohn joins “Stark Brothers”

-Dom Cobb joins “The Beasts in the Bushes”

A SURPRISE ATTACK – February 24-26, 2012

-8 teams, 19 members

-The Beasts in the Bushes (Dom Cobb, bigm10, and Mattrek) win

-Stark Brothers (RichWS, Totem, and Cjohn) broken up

-Rich WS joins “Amazingly Adequate”

-Totem joins “The Epic Losers”

-Cjohn joins “The Wild Cards”

TREES TUMBLE BUT MAKE NO SOUND – March 2-4, 2012

-6 teams, 1 individual, 18 members

-CEDAR reassigned to “The Firerisers” prior to start of game

-Andrew the Alien put on probation for inactivity, to be reassigned after results

-bigm10 (The Beasts in the Bushes) eliminated for third strike

-The Epic Losers (Fake, SchumacherFTW, and Totem) win

-Electric (Amazingly Adequate) and JamesFord92 (The Wild Cards) enter The Challenge

-The Challenge delayed until next week's game

-JamesFord92 eliminated

HEATING UP – March 9-11, 2012

-6 teams, 16 members

-DerekVI (The Wild Cards) eliminated for 3rd strike

-The Firerisers (CEDAR, The Dark Alfred, and Townzy89) win

UPDATES

Point totals will be updated as soon as possible (today, preferably). Also, it will now cost you 10 points to buy an immunity.

We're 7 games in and 6 members have been eliminated so far. 16 still remain. I'm only expecting about 15 games a season, so we're slightly off track for that number.

So, this is important:

THERE MAY BE A SURPRISE ELIMINATION NEXT WEEK...no further details at this point. Just FYI, it's survival of the fittest.