Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Look at Depp in POTC versus RDJ in the Marvel movies. Both have done the same amount, and yet there's a world of difference between the effort each is putting in. Depp is simply there for the money now. While RDJ obviously wants the money too, he puts his heart and soul into it still.

Yeah, RDJ was great in at least 3 of the 4 movies. I thought the writing for his character sucked in IM2 and he sorta phoned it in, but not to the extent that Depp is at this point. Plus RDJ made a great comeback with TA and IM3. Really good performances in both.

• Like 4

Pirates just needs to die at this point. I loved the first one and even liked the next two, but the fourth one was just boring as hell. Depp is going through the motions at this point.

I have to admit, that Lone Ranger trailer in front of my IM3 showing did look good to me.

Yeah, RDJ was great in at least 3 of the 4 movies. I thought the writing for his character sucked in IM2 and he sorta phoned it in, but not to the extent that Depp is at this point. Plus RDJ made a great comeback with TA and IM3. Really good performances in both.

His performance in IM3 is the best for me.

• Like 1

Depp did his best work back in 90s and got zero recognition for it. I don't blame him for not giving a fuck about anything except money.

True. Plus Downey bottomed out for a while career-wise so he's bound to appreciate where he is a bit more

• Like 2

I have to admit, that Lone Ranger trailer in front of my IM3 showing did look good to me.

The Lone Ranger trailer at mine got laughs, and I'm not sure if they were laughing with, or laughing at.

• Like 3

I may come see the 2014 World Cup. If I do, can you provide me with a place to crash? Hotel prices man...

Most definitely. I live like 2 hours and a half from Beira-Rio (one of the World Cup stadiums and also my home team's), if you get anywhere near Porto Alegre, hit me up.

Brazil is still a 3rd world country? I thought you guys were having a pretty big energy boom over there and doing a lot better these days? You should jump into the O&G business if you can. Good money. Fuck man, we badly need title attorneys up here in the Permian Basin.

At this point I'm just a small time young lawyer working his ass off to pay the bills and saving money for future projects, mate. I know I have loads of potential, but it's not so easy as you are implying to anyone around here, regardless how well Brazil is going as far as intern economy goes.

Depp's performance as Sparrow has become extremely aggravating. It's terrible. 

Depp was probably the worst part of AWE for me. I still think AWE would be above DMC for most people if Depp's performance wasn't so annoying. Then he was just flat out stale and boring in OST, in a stale and boring movie.

I still enjoy some of the spectacle of DMC and AWE, but for the most part the series in general is useless after the first movie.

I remember when they announced the plot synopsis for OST and I got genuinely excited, especially after they said they were introducing mermaids and cast Penelope Cruz. Boy, was I wrong. Aside from an INCREDIBLE scene (the mermaid attack), everything else was just sub-par or boring. 

Such a shame, because in the right hands, it could have been such an enjoyable film.

• Like 1

Given the choice between Lone Ranger and Pirates 5, I'd much rather go see Lone Ranger.  At the very least, it's something new and fresh.

HAPPY STAR WARS DAY! 

LOL Star Wars is trending on Twitter. When did it get its on holiday?

When Lucas realized he could sell a bunch of shit by making a holiday :rofl: