Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I maintain that this is a dangerous expectation to keep throwing around. :P

Maybe so, I'm just throwing it out there to show what is possible. TA is basically the gold standard in early under-reporting, so $75m is probably the ceiling for IM3 tonight. I'm thinking $70m is where it ends up.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

Because you and your inner circle represent the male gene, of course.

THG is much more popular with men then twilight ever was. Its still female driven but nowhere near the 80 plus percent of viewers twilight had probably where female Domestically of course.

Fun film....incredible action but some of the story really is silly. Better than 2 but not as goood as 1.

• Like 7

Point is for CF and such to reach TA territory it needs to break out among guys...Considering many guys checked out THG expecting an action film buy got a love story...I have serious doubts about THG films breaking out even more with guys

• Like 1

Point is for CF and such to reach TA territory it needs to break out among guys...Considering many guys checked out THG expecting an action film buy got a love story...I have serious doubts about THG films breaking out even more with guys

How the fuck was THG a love story?

• Founder / Operator

Well, to be totally fair, when Variety reported that Avengers was getting slightly better matinee business than The Dark Knight, we all pretty much knew that it'd be doing  a lot more than the projected $65m considering the differences between a May and July release.

I'd like to hope these sources aren't making the same mistake again.

I doubt that they are, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm still looking back at yesterday's report that IM3 was about 75-80% of Avengers pre-sales (not just for previews, but all showtimes throughout the weekend). I still think that's going to be accurate.

Edited by ShawnMR

I actually liked THG, but I agree that the love story felt shoehorned in. The love story and the complete screeching halt that the movie comes to following Rue's death (I felt that Rue was a woefully underdeveloped character and Katniss being so effected by her death just rang untrue) were the 2 points were the movie slacked a lot.

That being said, I will still go watch "Catching Fire"

Edited by grim22

I doubt that they are, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.I'm still looking back at yesterday's report that IM3 was about 75-80% of Avengers pre-sales (not just for previews, but all showtimes throughout the weekend). I still think that's going to be accurate.

Pretty much around low 160s which wouldn't be a disaster.

Look I am a guy and I would rank THG ahead of most of the HP films...

Its that for it break out to 200+ million it needs guys and I think interest from guys peaked with THG...

STOP SMOKING CRACK !

• Like 1

I doubt that they are, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm still looking back at yesterday's report that IM3 was about 75-80% of Avengers pre-sales (not just for previews, but all showtimes throughout the weekend). I still think that's going to be accurate.

One thing that is hard to tell is how much of an impact there was on pre-sales because of the standoff between Disney and theater chains. Some theaters didn't even offer pre-sales until the dispute was resolved, which wasn't until the last minute.

• Like 2

One thing that is hard to tell is how much of an impact there was on pre-sales because of the standoff between Disney and theater chains. Some theaters didn't even offer pre-sales until the dispute was resolved, which wasn't until the last minute.

Yep, I wasn't able to pre order till the 25th.