kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

When I first heard the premise for this movie I thought it sounded so stupid but I take back my words. This actually looks like it's going to be good. I'll reserve my full judgement when the actual trailer drops though. Btw I love how Blake Lively gets a lot of flack for being a terrible actress...I don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be. Especially when there are far worse actresses getting more roles than her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

When I first heard the premise for this movie I thought it sounded so stupid but I take back my words. This actually looks like it's going to be good. I'll reserve my full judgement when the actual trailer drops though. Btw I love how Blake Lively gets a lot of flack for being a terrible actress...I don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be. Especially when there are far worse actresses getting more roles than her. 

I thought she was great in The Age of Adaline and, as much of a mess as Green Lantern was, I enjoyed her as the-future-Star-Sapphire-that-never-was.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I thought she was great in The Age of Adaline and, as much of a mess as Green Lantern was, I enjoyed her as the-future-Star-Sapphire-that-never-was.

Her and Ryan Reynolds were unfairly blamed for the mess that was Green Lantern. I thought they were good given what they had to work with. I think she would have been a very good Star Sapphire and it sucks we will probably never get a Star Sapphire now. But yes I also thought she was great in The Age of Adaline and the small role she had in The Town.

We shall see how this movie goes. 

• Like 1

Posting in here again to say I've read the script. Now I understand why the script was on the blacklist...not spoiling anything obviously but if the teaser trailer is what the movie will be like visually, in combination with the script, this movie is going to be a sleeper hit. 

Finally realized that the premise reminds me of Cujo.  Could not think of it, but I knew there was some other movie where there was an animal between the person and where they had to be.  Anyway, teaser still looks neat to me.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sabrecmc said:

Finally realized that the premise reminds me of Cujo.  Could not think of it, but I knew there was some other movie where there was an animal between the person and where they had to be.  Anyway, teaser still looks neat to me.  

The Rabbit of Caerbannog in Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

Edited by Biph Shmata
  • Like 2