Jandrew

All Eyez On Me - Tupac Biopic - June 16 2017 | Lionsgate

SOC had the whole police brutality/fuck da police undercurrent to it which made it relatable to a modern audience. The film was successful I believe whether you were a fan of the group or not in part because of such a great trailer. I mean, it just looked like a good movie straight off the bat. If you're not a 2pac fan...why would you care about seeing this? Add to that its a crowded month and I just don't see this doing that great.

9 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

SOC had the whole police brutality/fuck da police undercurrent to it which made it relatable to a modern audience. The film was successful I believe whether you were a fan of the group or not in part because of such a great trailer. I mean, it just looked like a good movie straight off the bat. If you're not a 2pac fan...why would you care about seeing this? Add to that its a crowded month and I just don't see this doing that great.

I mean but it's Tupac

15 hours ago, grey ghost said:

If that the case it will be because the movie is weak and/or because the studio dumped it.

Ummmm if you haven't noticed, it seems like the studio is dumping it. (And I don't understand why. I feel like a Tupac movie even if its just middle of the road quality could still make bank)

Not to go all davincicode1, but I'm pretty sure they're marketing in areas where most of this site's audience isn't looking.

The problem is what @eddyxx said: there's no reason for anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in Tupac himself to see this.

I am actually quite surprised at how non-event-y this is shaping up to be. This man was a genius (in my opinion) and still is an iconic hip hop figure, and you would think that there would be a more palpable...buzz growing. I frequent several hip-hop and rap-related websites and forums, and I still have not seen the kind of anticipation that I would expect a major Tupac biofilm to get.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am actually quite surprised at how non-event-y this is shaping up to be. This man was a genius (in my opinion) and still is an iconic hip hop figure, and you would think that there would be a more palpable...buzz growing. I frequent several hip-hop and rap-related websites and forums, and I still have not seen the kind of anticipation that I would expect a major Tupac biofilm to get.

I think the blame for that goes on the absolutely non-existent marketing. No idea what the studio is doing

• Like 1

I watched a clip from this film and it was super cringey.

I think it's possible the studio is dumping this cause they realize it's a lemon and have zero faith in it.

To be fair the same thing happened with Fight Club and we know that was unfair and unwarranted.