chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The third film is killing me :ohmygod: 

I think I have a good idea of what it should be...but will potc sustain this late surge...or will underoos or leavy fuck us all?

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

BOTM 2 is due in less than 6 hours.

It's a mandatory question...if you do not answer it you lose 25,000 points.

In the future could you please set the deadline for these questions to Thursday night, the same as everything else?

53 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

In the future could you please set the deadline for these questions to Thursday night, the same as everything else?

You know I do every single time. The only reason this was set to the deadline that it is is because it was a multiplier question. If I set it until Thursday it would be much too easy to figure out and therefore not a challenge.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of an "Off-Season" version of the Summer/Winter game?

In essence, it'd be twice a year, and only go for the months of September/October and March/April.

The pre-seasons would be significantly shorter.  You'd give your top 7 DOM, top 3 OW, and top 5 WW, plus 5 pre-season questions.

The weeklies would consist of 5 questions (one where you pick where three movies would rank, guess a weekend gross, etc)

Then there'd only be 3 SOTM questions.

The idea would be to give an outlet to predict some big off-season movies, but also be significantly reduced and "low-budget" version of the Summer/Winter game.

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

In essence, it'd be twice a year, and only go for the months of September/October and March/April.

The pre-seasons would be significantly shorter.  You'd give your top 7 DOM, top 3 OW, and top 5 WW, plus 5 pre-season questions.

The weeklies would consist of 5 questions (one where you pick where three movies would rank, guess a weekend gross, etc)

The idea would be to give an outlet to predict some big off-season movies, but also be significantly reduced and "low-budget" version of the Summer/Winter game.

I dig it. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I've thought of this in the past and think it'd be a cool thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I like that Idea, and we are looking to have an exceptionally strong September and October this year with It, Ninjago, Kingsman 2, Blade Runner 2, and Mother! having shots at $100m+ 

• Like 2

Well, I am feeling a little better about Pirates now that I wont lose points on it... However I think I will on Wonder Woman which is shocking since I was one of the higher predictors. So it ends up washing in the end.

I am dumbfounded at how poorly I have done this summer - and my time being crazy hasn't helped since I keep missing weekends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I went 338 on WW and I'm going to lose points. :rofl: 

I felt good about being one of the few people to predict 300m+ for WW, but it still wasn't enough.  

Also, franfar's going to be the sole person(?) in the summer game to get the number one slot right.

I thought WW getting #1 was possible but not likely so I went with the "safe" choice.  I should have realized that every summer the "safe" #1 choice never ends up being #1, I think Finding Dory is the only time besides Iron Man 3 I've picked the right movie.

Edited by The Panda

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I felt good about being one of the few people to predict 300m+ for WW, but it still wasn't enough.  

Also, franfar's going to be the sole person(?) in the summer game to get the number one slot right.

If WW manages to hit #1, I think there are four or five of us who predicted it: franfar, grim, Chewy, me... and maybe someone else?

• Like 1