Eric the Ape

Wednesday Numbers: Baby Driver $5.7M, TF5 3,25M (-43%), Cars 3 2.8M, WW 2.77M

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

TOMATOMETER 60%

Average Rating: 5.6/10
Reviews Counted: 53
Fresh: 32
Rotten: 21

DM3 score is about drop to rotten range, but I doubt there would be any change to our expectation on OW figure

Nobody is surprised the Critics have had their knives sharpened every since the film was announced because they don't care for the minions either. 

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

You must be new here.  

There's a massive Illumination hate group here.  These are the people that will tell you that despite Minions making over a billion and DM2 coming close that the DM series is doomed because the critics don't like it.  

Hey now, I hate Illumination and even I know it's not going under 100M.

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

You must be new here.  

There's a massive Illumination hate group here.  These are the people that will tell you that despite Minions making over a billion and DM2 coming close that the DM series is doomed because the critics don't like it.  

Aren't both previous DM films certified fresh? :huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBH DM3 will be a success but I wonder if franchise fatigue will set for Minions 2 or the inevitable Despicable Me 4. 

It will happen some time obviously and they better not continue this for ever.

It has been the biggest thing animation produced in years and they earned a hell of a profit from it.

After all, they have a lot of great properties to work on.

There will be a SLOP 2 right?

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It will happen some time obviously and they better not continue this for ever.

It has been the biggest thing animation produced in years and they earned a hell of a profit from it.

After all, they have a lot of great properties to work on.

There will be a SLOP 2 right?

SLOP 2 is in 2019 but it's currently scheduled 2 days before Spider-Man Homecoming 2. I think it'll decrease from the first domestically, Overseas may be a different thing entirely but I don't think it'll hit the zeitgest like the first one did. 

Minions 2 needs to better than the first or it'll have a huge drop. The first film proved they can't carry a film, the short before SLOP was much funnier.

Edited by Jonwo

56 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Wait, there are people doubting that DM3 is making over 100M, really? I thought over 100M OW was the expected for months. :huh:

Recent projections that came out are expecting it to open over 90m. I'm predicting over 100m myself.