Jack Nevada

One Hit Wonder directors

Niels Arden Oplev - The Girl with the Dragon TattooThat might change though with his upcoming American debut.

That's probably because his antics towards the end of production and in post-production killed his relationship with Hollywood.

Wow. What exactly happened? Hollywood found that movie offensive?

Niels Arden Oplev - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I don't think anyone whose "hit" was that recent should count given the negative connotation of the phrase. Not fair to up-and-comers like Neill Blomkamp or Jonathan Levine. Edited by tribefan695

Films like Shawshank find their audience on HV and it did incredibly well on HV. So it didn't do well at the theater, but it did very well on HV and it plays on TV all the time.

• Like 4

Films like Shawshank find their audience on HV and it did incredibly well on HV. So it didn't do well at the theater, but it did very well on HV and it plays on TV all the time.

Shawshank is the kind of film that makes a studio proud even decades after it was released.
  • Like 2

Francis Ford Coppola : Apocalypse Now

I liked his Dracula though.

I don't like fake mafia movies.

Coppola tells a Heart of Darkness story with AN, Vietnam war is simply its narrative setting/scene; Herzog tells the same story through Aquire: The Wrath of God with a different setting.

Godfather 1&2 (I renounce the third one) is an innocence/American dream lost story; Mafia is again, simply its narrative setting. Welles did this story with Citizen Kane.

all movies are fake/illusions. you like some fakes and dislike others...that's all.

• Like 4