#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Ugh, Heroes. I knew that show was heading in a bad direction when they wimped out on killing Syler during the season 1 finale.

I don't think that's why I started rolling my eyes...probably because that was my favorite character on the show.   :)

I got really sick of most of the other characters on the show really.   Claire, Peter, Nathan....ugh....Those I wanted to die!   :D

There's a long history of this sort of thing in serials and so forth... but the key is that you set it up. You leave a hint of possibility. You have them die offscreen, as you mentioned with X3, or TDKR. But there's a delicate balance between doing this sort of thing and having it play out in front of the audience; especially since TA spent what felt like an hour hammering the death home. It takes the drama away, and Lord knows the Marvel movies have little enough suspense and drama as it is. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• Like 1

Wow, so fluffy. So I guess its safe to say that Thanos wont kill anyone in TA2, huh?

No chance in hell, he'll definitely kill. He loves death too much to not send her presents.  ;)  :D

• Like 1

No chance in hell, he'll definitely kill. He loves death too much to not send her presents.  ;)  :D

Hahah, thats is a clever quote! Where have you seen that or did you make that up?

Gee?? Are we talking abut TDKR here??? Oh wait.. :rofl: 

Let's counts deaths/implied deaths for TA. The first 4 minutes, a good few, the other 140 minutes? 1.

What about TDKR? Hmm, the courthouse shootout? All the rich people? The rich people on ice? The cops? The prisoners? People that Bane killed? The football game? The Climax? Talia? The opening scene? Guys failing to get out of the hole? I think you see where I'm going with this.

• Like 1

Here are the final numbers for this weekend for Iron Man 3:

MOVIE Friday Saturday Sunday Total
  05/10/13 05/11/13 05/12/13  
IRON MAN 3        
2D 285 556 426 1267
3D 89 135 63 287
3D IDX 100 113 84 297
Total 474 804 573 1851
+/-   0.70 -0.29  
3D Ratio 0.40 0.31 0.26 0.32

Last weekend we sold a total of 4044, which means the weekend drop for my theater is -54.23.

• Like 3

Here are the Gatsby numbers:

MOVIE Previews Friday Saturday Sunday Total
  05/10/13 05/11/13 05/12/13 05/13/13  
GREAT GATSBY          
2D 46 208 235 190 679
3D 12 180 173 129 494
Total 58 388 408 319 1173
+/-     -0.09 -0.22  
Ratio 0.21 0.46 0.42 0.40 0.42
  • Like 2

There's a long history of this sort of thing in serials and so forth... but the key is that you set it up. You leave a hint of possibility. You have them die offscreen, as you mentioned with X3, or TDKR. But there's a delicate balance between doing this sort of thing and having it play out in front of the audience; especially since TA spent what felt like an hour hammering the death home. It takes the drama away, and Lord knows the Marvel movies have little enough suspense and drama as it is. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

If I remember correctly, you aren't exactly like The Avengers biggest fan out there, I wasn't around for almost a year but I believe that didn't change. My point is that it seems that we both have seen different films. In The Avengers, it was heavily implied that there was something up with Coulson's death. We seen Fury calling out the paramedics but we never see what happened later, except Fury telling Stark and Rogers that Coulson was caught dead in a fight they was supposed to be fighting together. In the end, Maria Hill talks about how the Captain America's cards were in Coulson's locker, not in his pocket, once again implying that something was off. I don't believe that most of the moviegoers and the general audience that did LOVE The Avengers didn't notice the same as me. I just think you're trying too hard to complain about a lack of 'logic' from a film or universe that you have been on the record to not even been a fan to begin with. :)

Hahah, thats is a clever quote! Where have you seen that or did you make that up?

I made it up but it makes perfect sense for Thanos. Man is obsessed with death and would do anything for her. Also, I actually expect somebody from the big 4 to die (CA).

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Great point, should help with legs.OMG.....Coulson. :wub::wub:Agent of shields coming soon on abc promo just aired. :wub::wub::wub:

So am I too early or too late to BKB saying this will be the greatest show ever and be more loved and have higher ratings than Seinfeld? Edited by FTF

I started thinking about some notable "come back from the dead" characters:

Gandalf

E.T.

Obi Wan Kenobi  (kinda)

Spock

The Terminator

Jame Bond

Buffy

Jack Bauer

Captain Jack

Westley (Princess Bride)

Neo

That's not even counting all the villains who spring up and try to kill the hero after being "dead"...my favorite is probably Glen Close in Fatal Attraction.   :)

• Like 1

I started thinking about some notable "come back from the dead" characters: GandalfE.T.Obi Wan Kenobi  (kinda)SpockThe TerminatorJame BondBuffyJack Bauer Captain JackWestley (Princess Bride)Neo That's not even counting all the villains who spring up and try to kill the hero after being "dead"...my favorite is probably Glen Close in Fatal Attraction.   :)

Captain AmericaBatmanCaptain BarbossaJean GreyProfessor XMagnetoCyclops (Hopefully)