#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

wth are you even talking about? Win back?? TGG didn't even win Friday and it's going to lose the weekend by $15-20m. I assume this is all a joke like usual though.

as close as they are, aren't they estimates, so who knows who won Friday???

• Like 1

The fact that Gatsby is even in this is proof that WOM may be mixed for IM3.  That huge OW, it should be blowing Gatsby away.  Just like Last year's Avengers killed Dark Shadows.  But I have to give Gatsby props, it's great counter programming for Females.  Females like RDJ and Gwenth but "IM3" is still a male driven film.  Gatsby give females something to watch at the start of the summer.  Throw in a great cast and cool visuals.  As well as making it in 3D which is rare for dramatic features.  

"IM3" already has a great box office run locked up but the reception in my opinion is very mixed.  I think the Twist was too polarizing.  It's OW has to do with the fact it's coming off "The Avengers".  That was clearly an Avengers Effect because of the love of that film carried over to people being hugely interested it seeing IM again. Also they marketed as this huge Showdown with Tony and his Arch-nemesis The Manderin. So Props to Gatsby, the critics may be mixed but the audience clearly liked it.  

• Like 2

The fact that Gatsby is even in this is proof that WOM may be mixed for IM3.  That huge OW, it should be blowing Gatsby away.  Just like Last year's Avengers killed Dark Shadows.  But I have to give Gatsby props, it's great counter programming for Females.  Females like RDJ and Gwenth but "IM3" is still a male driven film.  Gatsby give females something to watch at the start of the summer.  Throw in a great cast and cool visuals.  As well as making it in 3D which is rare for dramatic features.  

"IM3" already has a great box office run locked up but the reception in my opinion is very mixed.  I think the Twist was too polarizing.  It's OW has to do with the fact it's coming off "The Avengers".  That was clearly an Avengers Effect because of the love of that film carried over to people being hugely interested it seeing IM again. Also they marketed as this huge Showdown with Tony and his Arch-nemesis The Manderin. So Props to Gatsby, the critics may be mixed but the audience clearly liked it.  

How is it clear that audiences liked it? They may have... Seems too early to tell though. A "B" cinemascore's somewhat alarming. Then again, it may not mean much... But, honestly, until we see how Gatsby fares this week and next weekend, how can you gauge how much audiences enjoyed the film?

The fact that Gatsby is even in this is proof that WOM may be mixed for IM3.

It's very clear that IRON MAN lll wom isn't great.

Wha...? It doesn't mean that at all.FWIW, I'm glad Gatsby isn't being blown away because that sure as hell would've been boring and bad. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

Don't think this is a good comparision or a fair fight....

Avengers to Dark Shadows = Iron Man to Great Gatsby

How is it clear that audiences liked it? They may have... Seems too early to tell though. A "B" cinemascore's somewhat alarming. Then again, it may not mean much... But, honestly, until we see how Gatsby fares this week and next weekend, how can you gauge how much audiences enjoyed the film?

Well a "B" cinema-score and 84% audience on RT and a 7.5 IMBD rating thus far I think is pretty good.  Also factor in it has a high enough interest to give IM3 coming off the 2nd Biggest OW Ever a run for it's money on it's second weekend.  Obviously we will see how it fares in the long run but so far so good for Gatsby.  

Also factor in it has a high enough interest to give IM3 coming off the 2nd Biggest OW Ever a run for it's money on it's second weekend.

Where are you getting this from? IM3's gonna pull way ahead on Saturday and Sunday.

Well a "B" cinema-score and 84% audience on RT and a 7.5 IMBD rating thus far I think is pretty good.  Also factor in it has a high enough interest

High interest doesn't translate to people liking it after they saw it you know.

• Like 2

Well a "B" cinema-score and 84% audience on RT and a 7.5 IMBD rating thus far I think is pretty good.  Also factor in it has a high enough interest to give IM3 coming off the 2nd Biggest OW Ever a run for it's money on it's second weekend.  Obviously we will see how it fares in the long run but so far so good for Gatsby.  

So Iron Man 3's "A" cinema-score and 83% audience on RT and 7.8 IMDB rating thus far isn't good? Or is mixed? But, Gatsby's lesser rating almost across the board is good?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

So Iron Man 3's "A" cinema-score and 83% audience on RT and 7.8 IMDB rating thus far isn't good? Or is mixed? But, Gatsby's lesser rating almost across the board is good?

Shhhh, let the haters hate before the Saturday increase rolls in.

• Like 3