theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Exec 1: Needed more Cumber.

Exec 2: More Cumber!!!

Exec 3: Guys, maybe we alienated the Trekkies while failing to re-capture the novelty of the first Nu Trek by marketing a total nobody as the face of Nu Trek.

CEO: .....Exec 1 and 2...

Execs 1 and 2:   Yes?

CEO: You're fired. Exec 3, you are promoted. What`s your plan of action?

Exec 3: More Channing!

CEO: Exec 3, I`m firing myself. You get my job!

Fixed.

Edited by fishnets

That's a good saturday bump for Darkness. 80+ 4-day is better but Trek 09 still sold more tickets thus far.  So again not a flop but I guess you can say below expectations or disappointing.  Regardless the quality of the film was strong and audiences and critics have given it solid scores.  Hopefully WOM will help it's legs.  From what I'm reading it's off to a good start overseas also so I'm hoping for 500+ worldwide to increase over the 1st one overall.  Good holds for Gatsby.  IM3 is still holding on to weekends to give it life, I expect even weaker weekdays next week.  Overall my theory on Trek is now the summer is in full swing and audiences do have a variety to choose from.  Females are still flocking to Gatsby and males are splitting tickets with IM3 still and Trek.  The blood bath gets even worst next week.  

Why is everyone assuming this is going to eat dirt? Everyone I hear from loves this thing to death. WOM is as good as the 1st film. It's broad appeal just isn't on part with something like IM.

Because it will eat dirt. Just because someone loves it it doesn`t mean they won`t see new openers next week instead of going to see STID again.

No one around here accepts the fact that Star Trek as a brand is too nerdy. They have a limit to what they can gross.

And what about female audience regarding Trek, do chicks dig Pine & Co ???

Do we have a breakdown about this ?

Edited by The Futurist

Do we have a breakdown about this.

I honestly don`t think that Pine&co ever created a sensation with chicks like Hiddlesworth combo. Not even close.

IMO, ST09 was great entertainment that didn`t create a particular emotional attachement to characters and actors.

Edited by fishnets

Why is everyone assuming this is going to eat dirt? Everyone I hear from loves this thing to death. WOM is as good as the 1st film. It's broad appeal just isn't on part with something like IM.

I've only seen a few complaints about certain aspects but overall it's getting solid reviews across the board.  Again hopefully WOM will help it's legs.  Trek 09 had a 3+ multiplier.  If Darkness gets that from the 4 day we are looking at around 230 range and with between 200-300 Overseas that will put it at 500 +WW.  Darkness issues is competition is about to be fierce.  

I honestly don`t think that Pine&co ever created a sensation with chicks like Hiddlesworth combo. Not even close.

IMO, ST09 was great entertainment that didn`t create a particular emotional attachement to characters and actors.

Except in the opening. That's what STiD lacked most.

I definitely didn't love it to death and neither did anyone in my viewing group other than the Cumber Fanboy Friend who dragged all of us to watch it in the first place. And our criticisms managed to sway him a little too. And this coming from someone who really liked the first film. So no, I don't think this will connect on the same level as the first one.

Comptition is going to hurt STID legs because the competition is direct. STID isn`t a counterprogram. Think Hellboy 2 and TDK. Hellboy 2 had great WOM and TDK obliterated it because everyone who loved HB2 went to see TDK and not HB2 again. It`s the law of coming attractions. Poeple who loved STID will see FF6 and/or Hnagover 3 instead and epople who missed STID this week will see new openers because their freinds want to see them.

• Like 3

Do we have a breakdown about this ?

It no way matches the frenzy that females had for the Avengers. Females are a big reason that movie made 600M+.

WOM should be good but the problem is it's good among a limited audience. Hopefully, that limited audience is big enough to carry STiD at least near ST09 total.

• Like 2

Just got back from my second viewing of STID.

This film was so effing lazy, and so wrong on many levels. The action was awesome, and the movie was darn entertaining, but the whole last 30 minutes was so incredibly flawed that this movie deserves to fail.

It's safe to say this movie will not have good legs. Considering the first time you see it it already feels like a repeat, there won't be many people paying full price to watch it again.

What was flawed about the last 30 minutes?

WOM should be good but the problem is it's good among a limited audience. Hopefully, that limited audience is big enough to carry STiD at least near ST09 total.

There`s no way this comes close to ST09 total with competition it`s facing. Just physically impossible.

Edited by fishnets