theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

There is absolutely no way I'm not going to think F&F isn't trash, but that doesn't mean I think less of it. I'd probabaly enjoy it more than most superhero films.

Never seen any F&F. I can see why FF6 looks appealing for a certain crowd because blowing shit and stuff bigger and louder but the rest doesn't interest me at all character-wise like Rodriguez coming back, I don't give a damn.

Edited by dashrendar44

There is absolutely no way I'm not going to think F&F isn't trash, but that doesn't mean I think less of it. I'd probabaly enjoy it more than most superhero films.

I might, too, actually. If i saw IM3, i might just as well watch F&F. 

At least the chicks are hot, unlike Gwyneth Paltrow.

Edited by Elessar

Seriously, not every movie that's created should or needs to require bucket loads of intellect to be enjoyable or 'good'. Sometimes you just wanna throw your slippers off and watch something for pure enjoyment, whether that be completely over the top action or completely unrealistic happenings, whatever they are.

• Like 1

Seriously, not every movie that's created should or needs to require bucket loads of intellect to be enjoyable or 'good'. Sometimes you just wanna throw your slippers off and watch something for pure enjoyment, whether that be completely over the top action or completely unrealistic happenings, whatever they are.

I agree, bad movies can be very enjoyable.

You talk as though most movies are made with bucket loads of intellect these days. :lol:

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Brave was shit that got attention because it had a Katniss rip-off in it, and not a particulary good rip-off. Cars movies are crap. I don`t know their filmography too well but I know that those got underwhelming reception and even Pixarites agreed Brave didn`t deserve the Oscar.

You can't even tell me what the "more deserving animation" is. I happen to agree that Brave was overrated ("strong woman" movies generally bore the hell out of me, anyway), but it likely won the Oscar because it was still the best animated movie of the year. In a mediocre year, Brave won.

Seriously, not every movie that's created should or needs to require bucket loads of intellect to be enjoyable or 'good'. 

I don't need intellect to watch Avatar, either. Or, i dunno, Aliens.

SM2`s problem was that characters weren`t likable. MJ was a bitch from start to finish and magic and romance of the first movie was gone. 

I feel like crying at the hatchet job SM2 and SM3 did with MJ's characterization. She is such a personable doll in the comics despite facing the same career and family struggles movie MJ faced. And she would never readily agree to marry Jameson's son just like that. They made her so horribly dependent on the men in her life (Flash in high school, then Harry, then Peter, then Jameson Jr., then Peter again, then Harry again, then Peter again) that if the independent Mary Jane from the comics were to miraculously come to life and watch the Raimi movies, she would throw herself off the Brooklyn Bridge in shock.

You can't even tell me what the "more deserving animation" is. I happen to agree that Brave was overrated ("strong woman" movies generally bore the hell out of me, anyway), but it likely won the Oscar because it was still the best animated movie of the year. In a mediocre year, Brave won.

Wreck It Ralph was better IMO.

• Like 1