theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

but deadline commenters always sound bitter as fuck

I mean, they are. They're mostly failed actors/writers/"directors" who wait tables  :lol:

• Like 2

meh. He came back and updated later.  He just gave numbers too early to appease us fanatics.  He needs to do his usual routine and update when the west coast has finished their showings are nearly finished.

Nikki updates her numbers just as well.

So the West Coast performed horribly? Yikes.

Yeah, usually the West Coast is kind to these explosiony movies. Guess Trek was too niche

• Like 1

Yeah, West Coast is weird. Though both IM3 and TGG went up from Rth last update: IM3 from 9.2M to 9.9M and TGG from 7.4M to 7.6M, it looks like West Coast are helping up those two. For Trek, not much.

Well he said West Coast was doing better than east coast when he said 26-28m. But I saw very few sell outs even at Jay's theater Irvine Spectrum. Imax sold out a couple of shows but nothing else did not even 2d or 3d. But the shows ran pretty late. Even though the evening shows were probably full the late shows must have been completely empty. I was still seeing sell outs for Gatsby and even a couple for Iron Man3.

If you were wise enough to put STID behind IM3, Man of Steel, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, AND Fast & Furious 6... you may be okay in the summer game. There's no significant 200m contenders left in the summer.

Would people on this site please stop throwing around the word flop like it's some cute internet meme. The Hobbit wasn't a flop, and neither is this. Box office disappointment? Yes. But not flop. 

• Like 2