CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Wasn't that Star Trek?  :ph34r:

STID at least hit 200M and around 400M WW so not much dropoff from Original. For Flopover 3, it'll drop over 50% from second one so yeah it's collapsing. What a way to end the franchise.

Flopover 3 is upon us!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Need a few days to see it on Flixter Shawn ^ 

That's exactly my point. Let's not be trigger happy to declare toxic WOM before most general audiences have even seen it. East coast evening shows are barely starting for crying out loud. :lol:

Critical reviews are toxic, yes, but that's not the same thing as actual WOM. 

Edited by ShawnMR

Based off my gut I think WOM will not be good and Fast Six is now certified Fresh.

I think Fast Six now has a chance to not only do 100 for the 4-day but more as it will not face 80-90 million from Hangover 3. 

• Like 2

Based off my gut I think WOM will not be good and Fast Six is now certified Fresh.

I think Fast Six now has a chance to not only do 100 for the 4-day but more as it will not face 80-90 million from Hangover 3. 

Yeah, weak competition from TH3 means F6 could  make even more than most of us anticipated.

Guessing The Heat will be the #1 comedy of the summer now. Kinda had the feeling all along it would be.

I hope it will be. I want The Heat to break out  :)

Still not a flop lol ... the budget for it is very low ... it will easily do numbers bigger than its budget. And triple its budget with WW gross.

Yeah, not a financial flop by any means at all, but these numbers are definitely hilarious.

• Like 1

Seeing tons of status about seeing TH3 right now...

Then again Fast 6 is not out :P

(The other night I see: Date night-should I see 42 or Gastby? The guy went to see 42)

Is Hangover 3 a flop ?

----

No ... it will still make a lot of money desipite big box office decrease from part 2.

Is Hangover 3 a disappointment ?

----

No ... no one expected it to do part 2 numbers. Actually most people here had no expectations for it at all. No expectation, no disappointment.

Is Hangover 3 a hit then ?

----

Yes ... it makes big money.

How strange ... but true haha

• Like 1

In 2011 on BOM I was saying how TH2 was not a lock for 200M. But the fanboys were saying it would have a Meet the Fockers type legs and that it would hit 300M! (I think they were forgetting that they were different times of year-I said it was not a lock before it's release)

Still not a flop lol ... the budget for it is very low ... it will easily do numbers bigger than its budget. And triple its budget with WW gross.

Rth just posted in the Australia thread that HO3 has the 2nd highest OD this year over there, only behind IM3  :mellow:

• Like 1

So-in 2009:Fast 4 causes a franchise to do great that was stalled in part 3.

Star Trek causes new life in a franchise.

The Hangover is the surprise hit of the Summer.

Considering how the Thursday date change was quite late, it should hold better than TH2 this weekend.

But this is on track for only $80 million over the 5-day weekend. What a letdown. Probably only $140-150 million domestic total.