CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

So-in 2009:Fast 4 causes a franchise to do great that was stalled in part 3.

Star Trek causes new life in a franchise.

The Hangover is the surprise hit of the Summer.

It is just proves that we are seeing the same over and over again.

Considering how the Thursday date change was quite late, it should hold better than TH2 this weekend.

Said this in the Wednesday thread, but seriously, date change means nothing as seen by STID last week...

So-in 2009:Fast 4 causes a franchise to do great that was stalled in part 3.

Star Trek causes new life in a franchise.

The Hangover is the surprise hit of the Summer.

In 2011:

Fast Five gives a franchise a new identity and ups the scale significantly.

The Hangover Part II rehashes the plot, but goes a bit darker and changes the location.

Still waiting on that Star Trek sequel.

• Like 1

I can't believe my 70m 5-day prediction might be too high. Actually, I CAN. This is second sequel syndrome all over again. The second one wasn't hated, but it made very few people immediately want to see the third film.

• Like 1

Hangover 3 should do well overseas.

Big name comedies have done quite well overseas.

Hangover 2, Ted especially.  

Its not a flop but its under performing more then expected. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

• Founder / Operator

Said this in the Wednesday thread, but seriously, date change means nothing as seen by STID last week...

Not usually. Unfortunately the Shrek 2 anomaly still prevents that from being a concrete rule.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I can't believe my 70m 5-day prediction might be too high.Actually, I CAN. This is second sequel syndrome all over again. The second one wasn't hated, but it made very few people immediately want to see the third film.

You and me both. I had $60m for the Fri-Mon period and $75m for the 5-day. I thought I was safe in that range, heh.

I can't believe my 70m 5-day prediction might be too high.Actually, I CAN. This is second sequel syndrome all over again. The second one wasn't hated, but it made very few people immediately want to see the third film.

I hated it more than most so I'm upset with myself for going so high.