#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

Could it miss 200m with a number like that?

It increased 80% on Friday, about the same as Battleshit (opened same weekend last year). If it follows Battleshit's course over the weekend we get:

Friday- 9m

Saturday- 12.168m

Sunday- 11.401m

Monday- 8.483m

32.569 3-Day/41.052 4-Day

200m is still possible if it holds well the following 2 weekends (June 7 weekend I don't see it falling hard at all since comp will be light).

Edited by 4815162342

Guru also says 35 M (that's with a + sign though)

I remember people expecting 40 M and even 45 M.

Variety said some analysts say it could go as high as 45M. So perhaps they've given a broad range of 35-45.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Trek's drop is steeper than Attack of the Clones (-47%) and Revenge of the Sith (-53%) but better than The Matrix Reloaded (-67%) and Indy 4 (-60%). The problem is it is not guaranteed to have the same increases Trek 09 had over Memorial Day

Edited by Robert Muldoon

People didn't jump on the F6 over $100M bandwagon until Trek flopped. "Bandwagoning". Definition = root for the winner.

We knew F6 and H3 were going to murder each other. It just happen H3 just losing more blood lol Personally F6 is doing every well. Im happy. I m not going to lie I do wish it goes up by tomorrow. Either way Universal is rejoicing.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 2

We knew F6 and H3 were going to murder each other. It just happen H3 just losing more blood lol Personally F6 is doing every well. Im happy. I m not going to lie I do wish it goes up by tomorrow. Either way Universal is rejoicing.

If it does make 35M today, let's hope for a big increase from non-preview numbers tomorrow, considering it's now a million quadrant movie.

• Like 1

Trek's drop is steeper than Attack of the Clones (-47%) and Revenge of the Sith (-53%) but better than The Matrix Reloaded (-67%) and Indy 4 (-60%). The problem is it is not guaranteed to have the same increases Trek 09 had over Memorial Day

Indy opened on Memorial Day weekend.

Problem with the other releases are that they all had a major Wednesday-and even though they all opened in a frontloaded time they were less so then now.

Still a 45M 2nd weekend for a 4 day is a 40% drop from the 3 day last weekend.

The numbers you are talking about right now are ALWAYS contradicted a few hours later or is it just me ???

It's not just you. Lol. Extrapolating matinees might as well be inventing numbers.

I got RIPD and Wolverine trailers during F6, but NO MAN OF STEEL! I was like DAMN IT! Well at least I didn't get another Lone Ranger.

You'll have to endure Hangover 3 to get the Man of Steel trailer. And I had to suffer through Lone Ranger again for Fast 6.

I did get Machete Kills, and also Riddick and White House Down.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I think Trek's number will go up a little bit since 80% is a fairly bad increase for Memorial Day Weekend. Battleshit's the outlier, most major films increase 100-130%, especially since the WOM for Battleshit was toxic compared to what it seems to be for STID.

Edited by 4815162342

Fast & Furious 6 red hot today heading to about $35M at #1. May reach $100-110M 4day for 4th best MemDay bow ever.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/338107686942015488

#TheHangover 3 heading to $13-14M FRI. Opening wknd may reach high 40s FRI-MON & about $60M 5day. 55% behind H2.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/338110277843292160

Epic heading to strong $10M-ish FRI w/ no competition. 4day wknd may hit mid 40s challenging Hangover3 for #2 spot!

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/338111137486868480

#StarTrek falling by about 58% from last FRI to roughly $9M w/ heavy competition for males. $37M-ish 4day, $145M cume.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/338112609482051584

Multiplexes overflowing w/ biz today setting up what shd be biggest Memorial Day wknd ever. Big 6 pics may do $275M+!

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/338113378063118336

Guru also says 35 M (that's with a + sign though)

I remember people expecting 40 M and even 45 M.

But remember west coast will do great for F6. Just look at IM3, TGG both underestimated. I expect the number to rise to near 40M, once west coast kicks in.  :D

Plus, I'll wait for Rth to confirm this number.  :worthy:

Well I am glad I wont have to see the Fast 6 trailer again :PReally I saw it way too much-it was the Green Lantern in terms of how much they showed it.

You'll have to endure Hangover 3 to get the Man of Steel trailer. And I had to suffer through Lone Ranger again for Fast 6.

Haha a 2 minute trailer of goodness isn't worth sitting through 100 minutes of garbage to me. I have a friend called Youtube at home.

• Like 1