#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

I worked at a Loews that summer. That week was crazy. Azkaban opening night was the craziest. Fahrenheit 9/11 was up there too.

Azkaban, Spider-man 2 and, later in 2004, The Incredibles. Awesome entertainment all around. Three fantastic filmmakers working at the top their game. Three of my favorite blockbuster films in the last quarter century. For me, that was the year for blockbusters. It's my white whale. I've been waiting for something that miraculous to happen again ever since. Azkaban's just a outstanding fantasy filmmaking. Visually stunning and inventive with plenty of character depth at its core. Great story. Spidey 2's the best executed comic book superhero flick for me. Hits all the right notes. And, The Incredibles was a such a satisfying surprise. Not to mention, one of the best superhero movies of the modern era.

Cuaron. Raimi. Bird. All producing some of their best work on such grand tapestries. No more needs said.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Think atm its got to be aleast 10, 10-11.5m

That would be great for it! Higher end could yield 3-day north of 40, and 4-day over 50!

I'll stay calm though, I don't want the numbers to fall like last week...

Edited by StarSaber

BTW, I never really was a big fan of Tyrese in the other films ...but I tell you what.  I really thought his character's egotism was on point in this film.

33-36 ... man, I figured we'd be going higher as the night went on, not looking possibly lower.

Star Trek with 10-11.5 ... so should be around 45 for the 4 day.

Thanks Rth.

Edited by agkman

Very good hold for ST2 if those numbers stick.

I'm kinda wary after last week, Trek kept hitting the low end of estimates last week  ^_^

I would be disappointed in "just" $33m.

Hopefully Dom and co. can defy Rth just like ghey defy gravity. :P

I would be suprised if it wasnt higher than 33 its just low/high indicator anything can happen we'll see, as i said early if you were to base on what f5 did you'd be hitting 40 and not saying its not possible its just out of a normal range for MD wkend openings , that said Stid opening defied logic lol but its defying logic meant it opened less not more.

• Like 5

I'm kinda wary after last week, Trek kept hitting the low end of estimates last week  ^_^

I don't blame you for being cautious. But I'm seeing sell outs for it in places that didn't sell out last weekend.  I hope it sticks. I'll be contributing to it this weekend at some point.

• Like 1

I would be suprised if it wasnt higher than 33 its just low/high indicator anything can happen we'll see, as i said early if you were to base on what f5 did you'd be hitting 40 and not saying its not possible its just out of a normal range for MD wkend openings , that said Stid opening defied logic lol but its defying logic meant it opened less not more.

I'm curious about this, actually. Is it performing stronger than Fast Five based on numbers so far, but the expectation is that it'll fall behind tonight based on Memoral Day weekend trends? If so that would make sense to me, since business is spread out over 4 days, making for less of a rush to see it tonight.

That's what I was thinking earlier - will MD weekend alter its weekend take in terms of how frontloaded it would be.

I'm curious about this, actually. Is it performing stronger than Fast Five based on numbers so far, but the expectation is that it'll fall behind tonight based on Memoral Day weekend trends? If so that would make sense to me, since business is spread out over 4 days, making for less of a rush to see it tonight.

As RTH implies ... 

If TA or IM3 opened today would they have gotten such big opening days on memorial day Friday? 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1