baumer

Thurs Numbers RTH: Purge 3.4 midnights/early

Wowza!Curious to see the internal multi.

Think a $20m OD could happen? I've been looking at Evil Dead's performance, and the same previews to OD ratio would give The Purge $22.5m. Normally I wouldn't use an April film to compare to a June film, but Evil Dead came out on the Easter/Spring Break weekend, so I feel it's more comparable than it appears. Evil Dead may have had a slight fanboy rush too.

• Founder / Operator

Think a $20m OD could happen? I've been looking at Evil Dead's performance, and the same previews to OD ratio would give The Purge $22.5m. Normally I wouldn't use an April film to compare to a June film, but Evil Dead came out on the Easter/Spring Break weekend, so I feel it's more comparable than it appears. Evil Dead may have had a slight fanboy rush too.

I guess it's possible, but I'm thinking more along the lines of $16m for now. Maybe a bit less. This is horror's first test with 10pm shows in summertime so I'd rather stay conservative for Friday actual.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/purge-box-office-34-million-564748

The $3 million pic, starring Ethan Hawke and Game of Thrones'Lena Headey, could earn $20 million-plus in its domestic debut this weekend, besting Shawn Levy's Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson comedy The Internship, which took in $800,000 as it rolled out Thursday night (both films opened at 10 p.m.).

I'm interested in The Purge's WOM.

from the several hours I've checked the most common comment was 'Saw The Purge. should have seen film __A (B, C) instead' :lol:

but maybe it was just such unfortunate period &  other ppl are really raving :P ))) 

Edited by Leyla

from the several hours I've checked the most common comment was 'Saw The Purge. should have seen film __A (B, C) instead' :lol:

but maybe it was just such unfortunate period &  other ppl are really raving :P ))) 

The Purge user rating on rottentomatoes: 59%, 3.3/5, 25K votes

for comparison:

NYSM - 75%, 3.9/5, 48K votes

After Earth - 49%, 3.1, 57K votes

Internship - 74%, 3.7, 26K votes

F&F6 - 87%, 4.3, 116K votes

Hangover 3 - 50%, 3.3, 75K votes

STID - 92%, 4.3, 141K votes

Gatsby - 72%, 3.8, 95K votes

Based on these numbers, and apparent twitter reaction, it looks like The Purge isn't exactly going to have great WOM.

• Like 1