baumer

Thurs Numbers RTH: Purge 3.4 midnights/early

Really, 3.4m for a no brand horror film? People with money to burn. 

If not for this then NYSM would have another daily at #1, that it deserves. Dang it!

NYSM will be #3 on friday..FF6 will get the family bump

NOW YOU SEE ME, PURGE - I am glad smaller films get a chance.

Let's be careful when we call NYSM "smaller" as it still had a $75 million production cost and a stacked cast that includes one of the principal actors in The Avengers.

• Like 1

Woohoo. Horror needed another hit this year.

The Purge has come out of no where. It only got this release date afew months ago.

Marketing has been terrific, congrats to Platinum Dunes and the marketing department at Universal.

To answer an earlier question about a film covering it's budget from midnights, Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 did too.

It's just a horror thing, obviously, ;)

Paranormal Activity 2 : $6,300,000 midnights - $5,000,000 budget
Paranormal Activity 3 : $8,000,000 midnights - $5,000,000 budget
The Devil Inside : $2,000,000 midnights - $1,000,000 budget
  • Like 1

#ThePurge makes fantastic $3.4M THU night 10p on. More than AfterEarth & NowYouSeeMe last THU combined. Big #1 wknd ahead.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/343034640023568384

Will this cause “You're Next" to flop? That one looks amazing, but I fear audiences will probably think all of these strangers-invade-a-home films are the same...

Will this cause “You're Next" to flop? That one looks amazing, but I fear audiences will probably think all of these strangers-invade-a-home films are the same...

Wasn't that a 2011 movie?