baumer

Thurs Numbers RTH: Purge 3.4 midnights/early

There are a lot of bad things about it, but overall it's no worse than say Battleship or Red Dawn.

But you gave high praise to both of those movies, 9,5/10 and 8,5/10 if I recall correctly, but gave AE a 6/10

NYSM 3,

FF6 2.8

Epic 2

STID 1.8

AE 1.7

THO3 1.4

lol  ST ahead of AE

Two box office upsets for the ages in one day. My body is not ready for this stuff.

• Like 1

But you gave high praise to both of those movies, 9,5/10 and 8,5/10 if I recall correctly, but gave AE a 6/10

I gave Battleship a 9 and Red Dawn 6.5.

My point is AE is no worse than those films as other people rated them.  If you ask me, AE is about on par with TDKR.  But I didn't feel like mentioning that because of the shit storm it causes.

Wahahaha. No.

I'm watching NYSM in 40 minutes though. Excited.

envy you :)

June 13 must hurry up 4 me!

(btw nysm ending rocks! haters to the left! B) )

AE seems like a borng movie no more no less.Posted Image

& not as offensive as TH3 at least

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

I gave Battleship a 9 and Red Dawn 6.5.

My point is AE is no worse than those films as other people rated them.  If you ask me, AE is about on par with TDKR.  But I didn't feel like mentioning that because of the shit storm it causes.

Damn! You said it! Nolanites! Prepared for battle in 3... 2.... 1....

• Like 1

Damage is done. Its doing $225M at best.

Your point? A good drop is a good drop, no matter how you slice it. It underwhelmed by a fair deal on its OW but since then it's performing rather well (since everything collapsed last weekend it can't get faulted for that).

And the OS increase, especially in Asian markets, is very promising. So STID comes out a winner, just not with the gold star a good number of people expected.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 6

Which is worse?? John Carter or AFTER EARTH, Better Known now as AFTER FAIL??  :popcorn: 

In terms of quality, JC is twice the film AE is.

• Like 2

I actually really liked John Carter. The problem with that film was the marketing, not the film's quality. AE on the other hand...is both a terrible film and rather lacking in marketing.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 3

Which is worse?? John Carter or AFTER EARTH, Better Known now as AFTER FAIL??  :popcorn: 

JOHN CARTER is not a bad film, a more entertaining Saturday night rental. Kitschy Taylor is a Masterpiece Theater Actor next to Junior Jaden. However I feel that Shyamalan is unfairly slighted. He is not in his top form it's because he is lacking in studio support. He works in scifi/fantasy genre which gets little support when it is not a comic book adaptation or sequel to a popular franchise.

Remember this is the guy who did SIXTH SENSE & UNBREAKABLE. He should work with Summit or Lionsgate where they might/ would leave him alone. Thoughts?