Sam

Wednesday Numbers | TITE 7.8, NYSM 2, Purge 1.9, FF6 1.6, Intern 1.4, Epic 1.3

Cinemascores are one thing but actual water cooler talk is another. I dont see how this is not well received. I havent personally spoken with anyone who didnt like it.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

That's actually pretty good! Definitely upwards of 35m now I think. Even a slight chance at 40m, albeit a small one.

I could actually see it being a little more backloaded than Pineapple Express, which opened later in the summer and was more inclined to be front-loaded being a stoner movie. TITE, though it has its own limitations, seems to have a wider appeal (aided by the strong WOM).

But we'll see. MoS is a factor against it, but I also don't think the audiences will overlap as much as people think. It's already off to a great start either way.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

That seems really unlikely. WWZ will open moderately strong, but over $50m seems a huge stretch... and likewise, it's a huge stretch that both MU and MOS would go under $50m.

Unless Supes 6 opens to $115M+, I definitely see it going under $50M next weekend. That said, I do not see World War Z grossing much more than $35M+... It could top out a little over $40M I guess.

I could actually see it being a little more backloaded than Pineapple Express, which opened later in the summer and was more inclined to be front-loaded being a stoner movie. TITE, though it has its own limitations, seems to have a wider appeal (aided by the strong WOM).

Irony is Pineapple Express would have bested The Dark Knight that weekend had it not gone for the 5 day opening. Of course that was a reaction to the growing buzz on Tropic Thunder.

• Founder / Operator

Irony is Pineapple Express would have bested The Dark Knight that weekend had it not gone for the 5 day opening. Of course that was a reaction to the growing buzz on Tropic Thunder.

That was a great few weeks for us as movie fans, but I have to wonder how much more Tropic Thunder might have made without PE in the market simultaneously.

I'm so excited for tonight, seeing Man of Steel at 7. I'll be able to stick around for all the weekend numbers! :D Another preview:

... … ... …

Y- A- N- A-

You are all wrong. You are all wrong. You are all wrong. You are all wrong. You are all wrong.

BKB: My name is BKB. (You are all wrong. You are all wrong.) I have journeyed onto the Internet to reach you. These forums have supported one of my targets. It will look like a GOOD SUPERMAN movie, but it is not. To those of you who support SNYDER, the fate of the film’s quality is thanks to your blind trust. To the NOLANITES, I say this: watch IRON MAN 3 within 24 hours or watch these boards suffer the consequences.

On June 14

DMan7: It will not win. For every dollar it makes, we will troll a million posts more.

iTz OnLy ED: It won’t fail us.

BKB: SNYDER already has.

From the BOXOFFICE FORUMS

Creator of MONDAY NUMBERS THREAD and STAR TREK INTO FLOPNESS: WHAT WENT WRONG?

And studio WARNER BROS.

Distributors of THE GREAT GATSBY and INCEPTION

iTz OnLy ED: YEAHHHHHH!

MAN OF STEEL WEEKEND NUMBERS

TOMORROW

• Like 2