Sam

Wednesday Numbers | TITE 7.8, NYSM 2, Purge 1.9, FF6 1.6, Intern 1.4, Epic 1.3

Pineapple Express opened to $12,085,679 on a Wed and had a $23,245,025 weekend against TDK's 4th weekend.

This film has a 7.5M opening Wed going into MOS' opening weekend.

Though the fact that it opened on a school day may help its weekend chances from falling, it's still going against a heavily hyped superhero film.

It's still counter programming to MOS and I think WOM will help it.  I have it doing more than 100 mill.

Easily... Will have decent word of mouth. One of the best, if not the best, comedy of the year.

• Like 1

7.5 isnt great but i guess its not bad.

Its what it is. More concerned about that B+ CinemaScore (All the press/reviews up till now was talking up how huge WOM would be; the score casts that in doubt) and the fact Man of Steel is taking away all its thunder.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Isn't this what Tropic Thunder (another critically-adored, somewhat-inside baseball comedy) opened to? It could mimick that film's run with lower weekends and better weekdays.

I adore Tropic Thunder, and from what I read, This is the End is the comedy to see this year, so hopefully it can have a good OW and good run like Tropic Thunder too.
  • Like 1