#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I think the critics conspire to crow at MOS, just

because.

FF6 & IM3 have tons of flaws but these movies

made it past 70%. MOS may not be near instant

classics like BATMAN BEGINS or IM1 but it is

def'ly far more satisfying dramatically than FF6

or IM3.

• Like 2

I think the critics conspire to crow at MOS, justbecause. FF6 & IM3 have tons of flaws but these moviesmade it past 70%. MOS may not be near instantclassics like BATMAN BEGINS or IM1 but it isdef'ly far more satisfying dramatically than FF6or IM3.

The 70s Superman has classic status. Perhaps te critics watched it with that in mind and thought MOS didn't compare.I haven't read the reviews, so I could be talking rubbish.

The critics went in to expect another BB and they got a loud Snyder action-orgasm and instead of doing their job to look at the film on it's own decided to to compare MoS to Super 1-2 and BB. In that regards it fails big time, but if Marvel and FF6 gets a pass for their tons of stupidness and dumbness, why can't DC? Oh well, who cares about critics when the BO and WoM is on fire.

45-50 without Walmart is incredible, I'm so excited for this film. I went to a 10:55 3D IMAX that was 90% full. I loved it, but not sure how much yet. I'll sleep on it.

Funny.. I had to do precisly the same thing...

Yeh, The Purge is looking at enterting the top 30 biggest 2nd weekend drops ever.

The Purge will join the elusive club of opening over $30M but falling over 70% in it's second weekend:

New Moon, Valentine's Day, Deathly Hallows Part 2, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Bruno, The Devil Inside and Friday the 13th

I may have overreacted a little on this movie. It started so well, visuals were stunning, action was tremendous. But the more I saw, the more I felt that this is not supposed to be this way. I'll go see it next weekend to see if I can change my mind just a little bit.I really hope the general mainstream public like the movie.

The 70s Superman has classic status. Perhaps te critics watched it with that in mind and thought MOS didn't compare.I haven't read the reviews, so I could be talking rubbish.

I think this might be part of my problem. When i compare it to Supes 1 -2 it just pales in comparisson. Maybe i need something closer to that in tone.
  • Like 3

I think this might be part of my problem. When i compare it to Supes 1 -2 it just pales in comparisson. Maybe i need something closer to that in tone.

Superman Returns, available in DVD, Blu Ray, VOD, Netflix, I Tunes.

• Like 1

About Cinemascore.

Darker films always get a lower score compared to lighter films...

Always. 

From a WOM its at 8.4 starting which is good but looks to drop.

So I would WOM is overall Good but not great..

However as reviews have lowered all expectations likely the film will likely be remembered as better then expected. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

300-320m final is a good target for MOS.

So basically now, big movies are superheroes, YA franchises and CGI animation with the occasional raunchy Rated R comedy that breaks out ( Hangover, Ted)

And accasionally remnants like Hobbit and Bond from old times.

Don't worry, baumer. You are not alone in your inability to see what the big deal is all about. I guess MoS success is similar to the success of Transformer movies. Sometimes people just want to see some cool action.

David Goyer has become such a hack writer now, it is indeed sad.

Don't worry, baumer. You are not alone in your inability to see what the big deal is all about. I guess MoS success is similar to the success of Transformer movies. Sometimes people just want to see some cool action. David Goyer has become such a hack writer now, it is indeed sad.

Baumer loves Transformers. And I mean all three.
  • Like 1