#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

To the people that woke up stupid today, this message is for you.

I can't even believe I am reading people SUBTRACTING the Walmart sales from gross on this movie?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Walmart comes to WB and tells them "we're going to give you $12 million dollars (chump change for this MULTI-BILLION dollar company) worth of tickets if you let us sell advance tickets for 7pm showings day before it opens".

Transaction completed.

WB has $12,000,000 that a company bought worth of tickets.

People in here are ASSUMMING ALL SHOWINGS FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE WALMART ADVANCE SCREENING were empty.

NOT A SINGLE HUMAN BEING ATTENDED these showings.

That means that WB has not yet "earned" those $12 million dollars. I mean, how could they!?

WB has to physically count every single person that went inside and sat in the theater to watch this advance screening.

For the fun of it, and to all smart people that will get what I am trying to say, watch this:

I'm going to purchase an IMAX 3D ticket myself (worth $16.00) for tonight (even though I already have a 3D) and NOT attend this showing.

WARNER BROTHERS should NOT count that $16.00 in its Friday's number because I didn't physically go and sat my a** in the theater!, right?

Just as walmart paid $12 million in fake money and no single human being went to see its advance screening....

B)

WB should have sell 208M worth of tickets to that Mr Walmart just to beat Avengers OW no matter if Mr Walmart sold those tickets to real people.

I think a bunch of you are really underestimating Friday's potential. This thing is on a billion screens with a billion showtimes and summer is upon us. Riczhang's on the right track here: think high 20s/low 30s for Friday alone (not including midnights or sneaks).It has a solid chance of beating SR's 3-day OW on OD.

Agreed. I can just see $45m for the rest of the day.

Actually, I can dream a scenario where $50m happens. 

$55m, depending on how many drugs I take.

Who cares what WB did, it was a smart move. Other movies studios will follow this idea. Thor II will try to strike up a deal with Target or some other retail. Same with Hunger Games 2 and The Hobbit 2.  Thursday previews imo should never count for Fridays gross since it is on Thursday. But things have changed that the way that is way it going to be.

• Like 4

WB should have sell 208M worth of tickets to that Mr Walmart just to beat Avengers OW no matter if Mr Walmart sold those tickets to real people.

You've to move on. It has 21M in the bank, bitching about it isn't going to change that. 

• Like 1

Interesting previews for this are 21 million but people see 60 million lower opening then im3.

That is because IM3 was the most hyped movie of the year. IM3 played during the school year. If IM3 would done this some of that are against  it would have been jumping with joy.

Note: Because the Wal-Mart shows occured exclusively on Thursday, Box Office Mojo will be recording those grosses on that day.-BOM

• Like 2

Wallmart bought 12m worth of tickets to WB and less than half of Walmart people bought tickets for an actual MOS screening.

It is like a Now You See Me magic trick.

they will show it in the nysm sequel :D