#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

i was going to see WWZ this weekend but one of my friends just came back from france and she can only see it monday night so here's to a boring weekend waiting till then .....

my first film with RDJ was "chances are" with sybill shepard , i was very young and thought it was over the moon romantic and cried at the time... saw it recently and i have to say as gorgeous as he was back then i love him more now he's seasoned and mature!

In terms of actors not being bankable anymore, imagine what the forums would have been like when: Bruce Willis did Bonfire of the Vanities, Mortal Thoughts, Hudson Hawk and Billy bathgate all in a row?Tom Cruise did Far and Away in 1992?  58 million dollars and Universal's tentpoleTom Hanks:  Every movie after Splash up until Big.  The members here would have declared him a laughing stock, a corpse.  Then he goes on to win 2 best actor oscars and be one of the most bankable stars in the world 20 YEARS AFTER SPLASH.Bill Murray after Ghostbusters II.  He would be crucified here.How about Samuel L Jackson after A Time To Kill. The point is, you don't write someone off the way people do here so often.  Some of you act like movie execs hang on every film and then decide whether or not they have a star because one of two or even three films tank.  It's quite a joke really.

Preach it brother
  • Like 1

Avengers was a 300 million dollar trailer for IM3, Thor 2 and CA2.

Exactly. The marketing for IM3 itself wasn't all that great. I mean, sure, they didn't rest on their laurels, but it' not like they bombarded us with advertising, and that was the best way to go about it. They had TA, they didn't need much else...

You want an example of brilliant advertising? MoS.

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 2

In terms of actors not being bankable anymore, imagine what the forums would have been like when:

Bruce Willis did Bonfire of the Vanities, Mortal Thoughts, Hudson Hawk and Billy bathgate all in a row?

Tom Cruise did Far and Away in 1992?  58 million dollars and Universal's tentpole

Tom Hanks:  Every movie after Splash up until Big.  The members here would have declared him a laughing stock, a corpse.  Then he goes on to win 2 best actor oscars and be one of the most bankable stars in the world 20 YEARS AFTER SPLASH.

Bill Murray after Ghostbusters II.  He would be crucified here.

How about Samuel L Jackson after A Time To Kill. 

The point is, you don't write someone off the way people do here so often.  Some of you act like movie execs hang on every film and then decide whether or not they have a star because one of two or even three films tank.  It's quite a joke really. 

FUCK YOU WITH YOUR HIGH & MIGHTY COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Exactly. The marketing for IM3 itself wasn't all that great. I mean, sure, they didn't rest on their laurels, but it' not like they bombarded us with advertising, and that was the best way to go about it. They had TA, they didn't need much else...

You want an example of brilliant advertising? MoS.

Those trailers for MoS were on par with TDKR. Awesome.

• Like 1

Man it's dump on Iron Man 3 day today. Haters, lol.

Don't let it get to you. IM3 is already BO royalty. It's tough to find almost anything wrong with its BO run. Which means that people will try to attack its quality with their subjective opinions or make excuses for why it was successful.

Look on the bright side: most of the naysayers are MOS fans, so we don't have to listen to endless rants about IM3's RT score.

• Like 4

Don't let it get to you. IM3 is already BO royalty. It's tough to find almost anything wrong with its BO run. Which means that people will try to attack its quality with their subjective opinions or make excuses for why it was successful.

Look on the bright side: most of the naysayers are MOS fans, so we don't have to listen to endless rants about IM3's RT score.

Well a more fair comparison would be TDKR(3rd act of a trilogy).

We could get into that, but we'd be here all day. :rolleyes:

Well a more fair comparison would be TDKR(3rd act of a trilogy).

We could get into that, but we'd be here all day. :rolleyes:

A comparison to what? I'll agree with you that TDKR gets attacked a lot with similar attacks. And they don't matter either because the BO run is just massive.