AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I didnt think that trailer was very well done. That song mix was poor and they chose a lot of flat jokes to include, but at the same time, the action looked very good and the characters look amazing in live action, which is what GA will care about most. I still think this is going to be a big summer hit and $200M+ is easily attainable.

No matter how much the internet pisses on it, Sony chose a winning formula, and theyre heading in the right direction with the marketing so far. Will say they shouldve said the Pac Man smashes out the building shot last though, that was the money shot of the trailer imo. Still will sell though.

• Like 1

The original Transformers had a 57%, but its current Flixster is 86%. It took good WOM to get it to $317 in 2007. I feel reviews wont matter for Pixels, but WOM will. Like TF, I think the key to good WOM for this movie is good entertainment, especially since this will be pushing more for families. RIPD was ripped a new one because not only was it bad, it wasn't entertaining.

I feel Pixels can still be "bad", yet people still have enough fun with it. If the action in that trailer is a sham and theres no fun with this movie, then its doomed. Its destiny for critics to shit on this, so Sony, Sander, and Chris Columbus has to make sure the people get what they want out of movie with this premise. If they do, Pixels wins. If not, we'll be saying what couldve been.

I will only see this.... ONCE.

That's the heaviest blow I can deal to this parasitic moronic game-thing.

It will have to survive without the substantial SRV* fund, that many OS hits have thrived upon.

* Shay Repeat Viewings

Edited by Shay says MadMax5 coming