AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I think that this could break out more and more as time passes. I don't think anyone aside from Internet snobs are going to be turned off by the Futurama-ripoff nature.

Yep, and truth is everybody rips off everybody. Didn't Avatar rip like 10 different movies? But nobody cared, and they really shouldn't. And even if Futurama came up with this idea first (which they probably didn't, somebody somewhere probably thought of this in their head before), the concept of inanimate things coming to life and causing destruction/being invaded is nothing new.

Ive been waiting for that next Transformers sized hit. Back in 07 on Mojo, not many saw TF doing $300, it was all about the Big 3. I know TF is an established brand, but back in 07 it wasn't on the level it was in the 80s. Doesn't matter if you were a TF or not, knew who Optimus Prime was or not, it was the perfect summer movie. If any movie this summer is going to replicate that, it will be this.

$300 may be too high, but in terms of "perfect summer blockbuster", I see big numbers. Sandler or no Sandler. He's still better GA friendly pick than your other summer leading men: Taylor Kitsch, Armie Hammer, Ryan Reynolds, Charile Hunnam, Emile Hirsch, Josh Lucas, Daniel Craig, Jake G, etc etc.

I think I put 150m in the summer game. I think july/ August has a lot mid size hits coming.
  • Like 1

If Franco/Rogen were in this, it would get $150 million DOM max due to the R-rating. 

Plus Sandler/James are far more good-natured than Rogen/Franco's smug and cynical style of comedy. 

I agree though. Everyone today thinks Seth Rogen is comedy gold. Personally, I find everything he's ever done except possibly This is the End to be extremely overrated. Erase 'Seth Rogen' from the top and replace his name with 'Adam Sandler'... the RT ratings for 'Neighbors', 'Pineapple Express', etc... would decline. 

I was referring to Franco/Rogen doing a family movie. So if it was PG/PG-13 rated with hem

People would be cheering this movie on then

That looked good, especially the PacMan and Kong hammer scenes.

And not one tasteless joke to be found anywhere.

Releasing in IMAX 3D? So Ant Man will get only one week in IMAX and then Pixels gets one week before MI5.

Edited by grim22