AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Pixels got the best reaction of any trailer at my showing. The crowd was rolling with laughter at all of the right moments. Easily the breakout hit of summer 2015.

mines too.

I laughed and dont know why.

Pixels got the best reaction of any trailer at my showing. The crowd was rolling with laughter at all of the right moments. Easily the breakout hit of summer 2015.

was there ANY right moments to laugh? : |

was there ANY right moments to laugh? : |

the part with Pac-Man was good. And the self-referential seriousness was good.

Sony made it look enjoyable, and people reacted positively. This is going to be the summer breakout

$65 million OW

$240 million DOM total

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2

the part with Pac-Man was good. And the self-referential seriousness was good.

Adam Sandler's first appearance is inherently funny, I think. The trailer starts off all serious, even when it shows the VG characters invading, that it's somewhat of a relief when they basically say "Don't worry, this really is a comedy".

Edited by tribefan695

Adam Sandler's first appearance is inherently funny, I think. The trailer starts off all serious, even when it shows the VG characters invading, that it's somewhat of a relief when they basically say "Don't worry, this really is a comedy".

The movie won't get a fair shake online at all. Sandler/James are like prime targets for online hate (some of it very well deserved reading the stuff coming out from the Ridiculous 6 shoot). As JAndrew said, if Chris Pratt was starring in this, people would be prediciting 250-300M no questions asked.

• Like 1

The movie won't get a fair shake online at all. Sandler/James are like prime targets for online hate (some of it very well deserved reading the stuff coming out from the Ridiculous 6 shoot). As JAndrew said, if Chris Pratt was starring in this, people would be prediciting 250-300M no questions asked.

Well, I think that is somewhat warranted. Pratt's sense of humor is more good-natured and probably would be very well-suited to a movie about a bunch of guys trying to take out video game characters. And unlike Pratt, Sandler's career has been on the downward trend as of late so even removing personal biases I definitely would understand why one would be hesitant about this movie's potential due to his involvement.

• Like 1

I think a better comparison than Pratt would be if it were Franco and Rogen instead of Sandler and James. That would fit the whole "Comedy guys doing a blockbuster" schtick better.

If Franco/Rogen were in this, it would get $150 million DOM max due to the R-rating. 

Plus Sandler/James are far more good-natured than Rogen/Franco's smug and cynical style of comedy. 

I agree though. Everyone today thinks Seth Rogen is comedy gold. Personally, I find everything he's ever done except possibly This is the End to be extremely overrated. Erase 'Seth Rogen' from the top and replace his name with 'Adam Sandler'... the RT ratings for 'Neighbors', 'Pineapple Express', etc... would decline. 

• Like 1

Ive been waiting for that next Transformers sized hit. Back in 07 on Mojo, not many saw TF doing $300, it was all about the Big 3. I know TF is an established brand, but back in 07 it wasn't on the level it was in the 80s. Doesn't matter if you were a TF or not, knew who Optimus Prime was or not, it was the perfect summer movie. If any movie this summer is going to replicate that, it will be this. 

$300 may be too high, but in terms of "perfect summer blockbuster", I see big numbers. Sandler or no Sandler. He's still better GA friendly pick than your other summer leading men: Taylor Kitsch, Armie Hammer, Ryan Reynolds, Charile Hunnam, Emile Hirsch, Josh Lucas, Daniel Craig, Jake G, etc etc. 

• Like 1