AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Idk, I left it out of my top 15 and I keep waffling on whether that was dumb or brilliant of me

I'm in the same boat. I don't think it'll be as big as people think. Tracking's at 34m right now and "aware and not interested" numbers are quite high.

I saw the trailer today which is the 1st time I've seen anything about this movie.  I still don't know what to think.

My 1st impression was... someone saw Wreck it Ralph and said to themselves: 'Hey... what other movies can we do based off vintage video games'

I'm not excited about it but my wife and 12 year old does

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I don't think it'll be as big as people think. Tracking's at 34m right now and "aware and not interested" numbers are quite high.

I'm with you guys on this one. Overall the internet interest for this movie isn't all that high. It might open between 30-40 million on it's opening weekend. But going against Ant-Man and Trainwreck in there second weekends and opening against Paper Town and Southpaw.  There's way too much competition for this movie to have a big breakout with the amount of interest there is for it, as of right now. Especially since Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Vacation come out the following weekend and then Fantastic Four comes out after that. Maybe if it had a different weekend, but 57 million OW and 190 million domestic seems way off.  Having said that I think this movie looks good and I plan to see it. But there's no way it's going to be huge unless Ant-Man or Mission Impossible do TomorrowLand numbers. At this point Pixels is much more likely to do TomorrowLand numbers then those movies IMO.

Edited by gb0708

You're taking RS future tracking as gospel. They are by far the worst at this. Wait for NRG numbers 3-4 weeks before release.

You're taking RS future tracking as gospel. They are by far the worst at this. Wait for NRG numbers 3-4 weeks before release.

I'm talking Boner Omega's theatre tracking that he manages. Not RS. I'm not taking it as gospel. I think it'll get lost in the shuffle this summer.

It'll be only two weeks after Minions opens, which will still be making major bank. Ant-Man will take the comic book crowd, Trainwreck will take the comedy crowd (I think it breaks out past 100m), Minions has already taken the kids and then the week it opens young girls have Paper Towns and Southpaw will take a good chunk of people too. Not to mention MI5 and Vacation coming the weekend after to chop off its legs.

It's in a far too crowded month and won't have any room to breathe. A couple of these movies will get lost in the shuffle. My bet is the original movie that's trying to be more then one thing. We shall see what happens.

I'm talking Boner Omega's theatre tracking that he manages. Not RS. I'm not taking it as gospel. I think it'll get lost in the shuffle this summer.

It'll be only two weeks after Minions opens, which will still be making major bank. Ant-Man will take the comic book crowd, Trainwreck will take the comedy crowd (I think it breaks out past 100m), Minions has already taken the kids and then the week it opens young girls have Paper Towns and Southpaw will take a good chunk of people too. Not to mention MI5 and Vacation coming the weekend after to chop off its legs.

It's in a far too crowded month and won't have any room to breathe. A couple of these movies will get lost in the shuffle. My bet is the original movie that's trying to be more then one thing. We shall see what happens.

The tracking info from his theater is RS tracking.

considering it's basically the plot of a futurama episode... no?

I knew this plot seemed like a rip off of something, I just couldn't place it. Then I just came across said episode while rewatching Futurama on Netflix.

I doubt this will be as good.

Edited by Mango