#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

So the tornado dies ... and they just tumble to the ground huh?

They somehow fly against stuff and people and continue to bite and attack. And others just die when they reach the ground :lol:

How could she get 40M+ for PR with that Friday figure then?  :lol: Even PR fudging cannot boost PR's gross by that much  :P

Even WITH the 3.6+14+, you'd barely get much over 40-42 ... not up to 44.  I have no clue what she's smoking ... or what the person giving #s to her is smoking.

Edited by Adam

How could she get 40M+ for PR with that Friday figure then? :lol: Even PR fudging cannot boost PR's gross by that much :P

Probably $14.5m + $3.6m mid/pre if she's predicting $40m + ow...or she's just being retarded as usual, either scenario is likely.
  • Like 3

Because Nikki has zero clue how to extrapolate weekend grosses from Friday numbers. That's been proven time and time again.

Eventually movie companies are going to restrict Friday #s due to Nikki putting up these false multipliers... and then people see the real #s and labeling the movie as a disappointment. :P

Edited by Adam

Isn't the budget $190m and marketing $100m+?

Yea, the acknowledged figure is $190m with some estimates going up to 220m.

But for a movie that was tracking 30ish on like Tue, has relatively low TC, and all the complications PR carries, opening anywhere above $40mil is defying general expectations. Not that it can't surprise like WWZ few weeks ago, but it has fewer avenues to success.

We should all ask Shay to strengthen his support for Pacific Rim by watching the movie 7-8 times. As of now, 5 times is obviously not enough  <_<

• Like 1

"Nikki, we need you to extrapolate some numbers."

"Okay hold on a second"

Posted Image

"34 + 17^2 - (14 x 5) = -50"

I'm still dying at this.  

• Like 2

14M? Da fuq?

Yeah ... based on talk here, I was expecting well over 18 ... hmm, always lowering #s ... :(

BTW Ed, speaking to your sig ... I enjoyed the minions ... but no way in hell could I handle a minions spin off movie.  Would be unbearable for 90 minutes.

Edited by Adam

I think Nikki just occasionally mixes up her drug budget spreadsheet with her box office spreadsheet. With multiple tabs it's a mistake anyone could make, really.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Box Office: ‘Pacific Rim’ Hovering $38 Million for the Weekend

Guillermo del Toro’s “Pacific Rim” may not be a “Lone Ranger” bomb at the box office but neither is it a monster performer, at least not in the U.S.

Fanboys generated a husky $3.6 million Thursday night, similar to surprise hit “World War Z” ($66 mil debut), but according to early estimates, the $200 million “Pacific Rim” was only tracking around $38 million for the weekend, just as industry analysts projected for the sci-fi tentpole.

“It started off really strong but then it fell off,” one analyst said.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/box-office-pacific-rim-hovering-at-38-million-for-the-weekend-1200562349/

• Like 1

Box Office: ‘Pacific Rim’ Hovering $38 Million for the Weekend

Guillermo del Toro’s “Pacific Rim” may not be a “Lone Ranger” bomb at the box office but neither is it a monster performer, at least not in the U.S.

Fanboys generated a husky $3.6 million Thursday night, similar to surprise hit “World War Z” ($66 mil debut), but according to early estimates, the $200 million “Pacific Rim” was only tracking around $38 million for the weekend, just as industry analysts projected for the sci-fi tentpole.

“It started off really strong but then it fell off,” one analyst said.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/box-office-pacific-rim-hovering-at-38-million-for-the-weekend-1200562349/

38 now likely means under 35 by Monday morning.

I'll give the film $10 on Sunday, but I doubt it helps much. :(

Edited by Adam