#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

It's amazing how quickly your look at a films box office run and potential changes after you see the film ... I want this film to have a 4x multiplier now ... and if you asked me yesterday I wouldn't have given a shit. :lol:

:lol:

I havent even see it yet. But I already changed. 

TDK is a landmark film, one of the 25 best ever made imo. Wouldn't go as high as 25 but we're on the same page. We don't deserve a Batman movie this good. 

Batman 89 is a genuinely solid blockbuster 

Batman Returns is a dark, confused, somewhat baffling movie that I still found entertaining 

Batman Forever was simply unwatchable. Not even good bad. Even more confused than BR. 

Batman and Robin was hilariously bad One of my favorite bad movies of all time. 

Batman Begins is almost as good as TDK I'd put the first half close to TDK and the second half close to TDKR. 

TDKR is a beautiful mess of a movie. Some scenes work extraordinarily well but anything Nolan tries to say about the economy or class warfare is cut short by villain and comic book mumbo-jumbo. 

Added my own notes in their for you. :)

61% male isn't as bad as I thought either for PR. Then again consider the other big alternative for women was GU2 and maybe it's not so surprising. The Conjuring opens next weekend though and horror is always big with (young) women so I don't expect PR's women ratio to get better next weekend.

A failing of WB I think to not promote the female aspect of the film more. I was surprised at how involved Rinko was in the film

I know I was sayign this from the very bgeinning. She was barely in the freaking trailer. I didn't even know there was a main female chasracter in the film when I first watched the trailer at the movie theater. They could have attracted more females to this film but obiousdy the people marketing this film were compeltely incompetent.

• Like 1

Catching up on this thread. First movie I remember seeing in theaters was THE BLACK STALLION (still one of my favorites). I was one of the semi-bitter hipsters who didn't watch the TMNT animated series because I had a couple issues of the original, cool Eastman/Laird comics (not to mention, I was a bit too old for it at that point). And Rinko Kikuchi kicked ass -- I thought Mako's story was just great and a real high-water mark for women in genre films this summer.

• Like 3

Just looked at the weekend numbers, and DM2 really destroyed the leggy run that "Monsters University" was looking to have. I don't think Disney-Pixar expected one movie to hit them badly on two fronts at the box office (TLR and MU have both suffered)

Rinko Kikuchi kicked ass -- I thought Mako's story was just great and a real high-water mark for women in genre films this summer.

Rinko did kick ass ... I haven't seen her in anything since Babel, so it was a nice surprise. (I wasn't aware she was in this film)

• Like 1

I know I was sayign this from the very bgeinning. She was barely in the freaking trailer. I didn't even know there was a main female chasracter in the film when I first watched the trailer at the movie theater. They could have attracted more females to this film but obiousdy the people marketing this film were compeltely incompetent.

I agree that they needed to ramp up the female aspect in the trailers, but I bet that the "geniuses" at the marketing department were a tad scared of the fact that the female lead was not a white woman. Hollywood still has this weird idea that white people might not want to see a movie if its leads are not white (or black, unless it's Will or Denzel).

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

just showing the female character in a movie isn't enough to attract interest from women. The blockbuster with the highest female ratio this summer is World War Z (actually White House Down also slightly skewed women) and they didn't feature any high profile female characters. Some films just appeal more to males I guess and this is one of them.