CJohn

The Conjuring 2 | June 10, 2016 | Let the RT Watch commence.

30 minutes ago, Goffe said:

what about the movie?  it seems you didn't like it much.

On 2016-06-08 at 8:46 PM, The Stingray said:

Pretty much what I expected. Silly and unoriginal, but effective. Wan knows how to create suspense and scares. I just wish that next time he puts some more thought into telling a more compelling story. The movie also works a lot better when it keeps shit simple and grounded than when it goes over-the-top.

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

too nervious at this one. Are there jump scares?

They are here. But in Wan style, so it's never a fake jump scare. You know, like kid looking outside the window, and suddenly mother put hand on her shoulder and BWAAM, loud sound effect. No, nothing like that. When Wan is doing jump scares, they're always scary and 'proper'.

Edited by Charism
  • Like 1

This is scary and terrifying from start to finish. The scares are scary as fuck, and I swear even the smallest noise freaked me out. 10/10 would never watch again because it's really bad for my heart.

The main child actor is really good. If she could deliver those kind of performance consistently, she could make a good horror films actor.

• Like 2

I thought this was better than part 1. Way more intense and frightening. My only complaints is that it's a tad too long and some of the CGI sucked. The auidence seemed to be into it, a lot of freaking out. I was initially worried that the audience would miss behave as the Lights Out trailer showed before hand and people where laughing at it.

Since they are coming, here are some comparable preview numbers: 

Insidious 2 - 1.5M

Insidious 3 - 1.6M

The Conjuring - 3.3M 

Mad Max: Fury Road - 3.7M

Annabelle - 2.1M (thanks maryksinger for reminding me of this one)

• Like 1

Thought the first one was easily better, but this was still good.

James Wan is a really talented director though. With this, the first Conjuring, and even Furious 7, I find it consistently impressive how he knows when to hold onto the little moments that get us really attached to his characters.

Just got back from the movie. It was pretty good. Could have trimmed a bit, but I felt the climax was better than first movies. Audience ate it up, heard a few claps.

Now excuse me while I try to go to bed with Demon Nun in my head.

Wasn't scared at all, but my mind just can't wrap around these horror premises, though I did enjoy the character moments and the attention to detail for the setting.  I'm really jealous for those who enjoy these type of films. The audiences really seem to have a lot of fun, kind of like Me Before You teary-eyed audience.