Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

It actually looks a lot better then I thought it would be...and Stallone is finally realziing he is a little old to do the action star thing. Moving into wise old mentor roles is a good move for him.

The movie only cost around 35 Million; Warners is going to make a profit off of it, only question is how much. I

And Warners is already marketing the hell out of this on the Sports channels,and will not be surprised if they decide to splurge a little and buy some World Series slots for this. The Sports fan is a very obvious market for them to go after big time.

Edited by dudalb

On 10/27/2015, 1:03:46, dudalb said:

It actually looks a lot better then I thought it would be...and Stallone is finally realziing he is a little old to do the action star thing. Moving into wise old mentor roles is a good move for him.

The movie only cost around 35 Million; Warners is going to make a profit off of it, only question is how much. I

And Warners is already marketing the hell out of this on the Sports channels,and will not be surprised if they decide to splurge a little and buy some World Series slots for this. The Sports fan is a very obvious market for them to go after big time.

Aha, that explains why I've seen zero marketing for it. It's all been focused on the ESPN set. Smart I guess, but they really should be trying to go for broader appeal/awareness. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I got advanced tix for this next Wednesday. Hoping I can make the screening

Hope so too.

I agree that Michael B. Jordan fits perfectly.

I read today that the prediction of The Numbers is 60M. Budget is estimated at $20 million to $30 million. The author is „cautiously optimistic“.
Boxoffice.com has it at 77M.

And did somebody read the article in the Los Angeles Times about this film? There it says:
„Stallones quietly soulful performance in "Creed" already has some Oscar pundits considering him as a potential supporting actor nominee (...)“.

Do you think they could have seen the movie already or is this just a random shot?

3 minutes ago, el sid said:

Hope so too.

I agree that Michael B. Jordan fits perfectly.

I read today that the prediction of The Numbers is 60M. Budget is estimated at $20 million to $30 million. The author is „cautiously optimistic“.
Boxoffice.com has it at 77M.

And did somebody read the article in the Los Angeles Times about this film? There it says:
„Stallones quietly soulful performance in "Creed" already has some Oscar pundits considering him as a potential supporting actor nominee (...)“.

Do you think they could have seen the movie already or is this just a random shot?

That did sound like a throwaway line in the LA Times. But I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, especially with the supporting actor field being one of the more empty fields every year. Stallone has built goodwill over the years with the Rocky character, and this could potentially be Rocky's last hurrah if Rocky dies which could push Stallone to a nomination.

• Like 1