abra

Monday numbers (TW: 5.55, TC: 2.9, DM2: 2.28, T: 1.76, TGU2: 1.56)

After watching some good 2013 films (Mud, The Act of Killing, Gimme the Loot, Berberian Sound Studio) I dont feel quite as apocalyptic about this year as I did a few days ago. Its no 2012 so far, but there are always good movies out there even though most of the time they're not the big blockbusters. 

Bad for Wolverine.

Now that I've said something about the numbers, time for a shameless plug! Go to the Speakeasy and check out the Boxoffice.com Top 100 Films thread if you haven't already! Lists are due tomorrow!

2The Conjuring$2,900,000-55%3,022119$960$86,845,0172Warner Bros. / New Line This movie is a Beast.. Take note of this Paramount and your PA Franchise.. Wrap that shit up already..

Why on earth would they stop investing $5m and making 100s of millions in return? Now that would be nonsensical.
  • Like 2

2 The Conjuring $2,900,000 -55% 3,022 119 $960 $86,845,017 2 Warner Bros. / New Line

This movie is a Beast.. Take note of this Paramount and your PA Franchise.. Wrap that shit up already..

Do you have any idea how much money Paramount is making from PA?  They have kept the budgets microscopic.  I want them to wrap the story up just as much as the next person but every film has done very well for them.

:( Red2 & Wolvie

After watching some good 2013 films (Mud, The Act of Killing, Gimme the Loot, Berberian Sound Studio) I dont feel quite as apocalyptic about this year as I did a few days ago. Its no 2012 so far, but there are always good movies out there even though most of the time they're not the big blockbusters. 

very much looking forward to BSS :wub:

No reason to shit on the franchise. The Conjuring is a great film, hope they don't crap on it by making unnecessary sequels.

they confirmed the sequel before TC release as far as I read

Edited by Leyla

Theater was PACKED for discount Tuesday when I went at 10:30 tonight. Gotta love it when the ticket line is out the door that late at night.

Lots of sellouts as always, but I've seen more. I think they could have sold a lot more tickets for Fruitvale Station, because every evening show was sold out in advance. Wolverine had the same number of sellouts, but of course had a lot more showtimes and was on bigger screens.

Wolverine - 3 sellouts

Fruitvale Station - 3

Conjuring - 2

GU2 - 2

DM2 - 1

PacRim - 1

RIPD - 1

Heat - 1

To Do List - 1

Turbo - 1

Way Way Back - 1

MU and Red 2 were the only movies not to have a sellout.