Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

I think from a moral point of view Sony is acting wrong.

However they seemed to be acting from other motives.

Anyways I do hope that this makes Seth and company to make films that are more desired by audiences like they did in the past, then these very narrow limited appeal films. 

• Like 1

Anyways I do hope that this makes Seth and company to make films that are more desired by audiences like they did in the past, then these very narrow limited appeal films. 

This WAS a movie desired by audiences. All signs were pointing to a gross similar to This is the End. I don't know how the hell you base this claim. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 8

Why thank you Watson.

Seriously its a shame all the work making tne movie has gone to waste. I don't see how it could have lived up to the publicity but I hope it still gets a normal release internationally. Or will Sony cancel that too?

They've said they will not release it in any form; I think it's safe to assume that includes internationally.

This sucks for all parties.

(except North Korea, who, ironically, are no doubt having quite the party)

This WAS a movie desired by audiences. All signs were pointing to a gross similar to This is the End. I don't know how the hell you base this claim. 

Would have easily topped This is the End given all the recent publicity.

This is a freaking disgrace. All the movie theatre chains that boycotted the movie should be ashamed and Sony should as well for caving into these bluff terrorist threats. I have no interest in this movie (or any Seth Argentina comedy) but America just let North Kora win. They did exactly what the fucking terrorist's wanted.

I doubt it...

This Is The end had all the big stars and made 100 million in the summer and was beaten by generic comedies that year...

It would have only profited from this recent publicity likely.  

Also the film is now not coming to Canada, Cineplex which owns 80% of the market said they are not showing the film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I don't see the point of blaming Sony really. Could they have released the movie in limited numbers? Yes, but honestly, the threats were the one thing to cause an understandable wide cancellation, and with the other theaters pulling out, Sony might as well pull the movie. It sucks for everyone involved, but the people to blame are solely the hackers and theater chains IMO

I think people need to remember when theaters said they were not showing the film, Sony had no option but to cancel the film. 

I don't think Sony would have cancelled if the theater owners were playing the film .

I don't blame the theater owners really, they are paranoid about security in recent years. 

However this easily become of one of the most pirated films ever . 

Edited by Lordmandeep