Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

40 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Starting to wonder if scream 7 hasn't been greenlit cause stuff like indy 5 and other failures is gonna bankrupt Paramount 

Looks like it could be a disaster. Definitely waiting to hear what the film and what happens to the character before i go watch it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Paramount gets a percentage of the revenue from the new Indiana Jones as part of the deal with Disney, they're not going to lose anything. 

Bit silly to suggest either way that D&D and IJ are going to bankrupt Paramount given D&D was mostly funded by Hasbro

With WOTC ( the company within Hasbro that runs DND and MTG) currently losing goodwill faster then Blizzard the past 6 months it would not surprise me of hasbro went under in the next few years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

With WOTC ( the company within Hasbro that runs DND and MTG) currently losing goodwill faster then Blizzard the past 6 months it would not surprise me of hasbro went under in the next few years. 

That's not to going to happen, Hasbro make a lot of money per year from their various IP.

28 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I disagree. I liked big fat liar when I was a kid but it's a flawed and very cheesey film

Wow this is very sad. I mean does Harrison Ford just role over and do a bad movie for paycheck now. I hope it cant be this bad. 34% ratings Im seeing... :-o!!! What the .. Well at least I have the 4 films and the best to me were the first and third. Always Indy at his best!!

53 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That's not to going to happen, Hasbro make a lot of money per year from their various IP.

There has been a lot of rumblings of Hasbro trying to get someone to buy them..... they are a toy company and the toy business has been getting harder and harder to survive in. They have been leaning on Magic the Gathering and D&D in recent times, yet their aggressive monetization goals in those 2 are burning out goodwill from their customers very quickly.

Hasbro wouldn't go down, I am sure someone will be eager to buy them. I have been saying that Disney's purchase of 20th Century Fox was a dumbfuck move because it's a gigantic opportunity cost that could have gone towards buying multiple Marvel/Lucasfilm sized companies. If not for that cost buying Hasbro would have been a great opportunity for Disney.

9 hours ago, Hatebox said:

PS - after seeing the comparison to No Time To Die I looked up that film’s RT. How in the fuck did that manage 83%?

Bc it's good

EDIT: How do I delete this shit? I was behind and have now seen like 20 different people say exactly what I said

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Haha 2

You can make a good Indiana Jones movie with an 80 year old Ford but you have to tailor the movie for him.  Play up the mystery, puzzle and traps elements of the series.  Some of the most iconic moments of the series is just Indy walking carefully around traps. Have him use his brains more than his brawn.  You don't have him jump out of planes or from speeding cars or anything that requires CG. Keep it grounded, keep it real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unless it's one of those cases when audience and mainstream reviewers reaction will be the exact opposite of current reception, I wonder where VA's and Empire City's "exceptional", "fantastic" and "really really really good" came from. Another case of misleading screenings?

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Unless it's one of those cases when audience and mainstream reviewers reaction will be the exact opposite of current reception, I wonder where VA's and Empire City's "exceptional", "fanstatic" and "really really really good" came from. Another case of misleading screenings?

guessing the  screenings were for friends and family 

2 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

People wanted Spielberg and Lucas gone. They got it.

I dont care if this gets 0% RT. Im watching Ford play Indy one last time on the big screen no matter what.

SPielberg was not gone. He produced Indy 5. He just chose not to direct it. 

16 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Harrison's funny sigh aside, why this looks better visually than 300 mln production released in 2023? And why this trailer is just better in general?

1.) Even half-baked Spielberg is miles better than someone like Mangold.

2.) It was shot on film.

3.) Contrary to popular perception, there isn't that much CGI in the movie. There's 450 CGI shots, which is nothing compared to most blockbusters. Even THE DARK KNIGHT, from the same year, which is hailed for using practical effects, had 700 CGI shots.

• Like 6