A Marvel Fanboy

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 | June 10, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 17

NYSM was a really good movie..and yes the cast was splendid..and the story worked (despite some unrealistic moments here and there) and was cool..but..

Louis Leterrier's mediocre directing made it look like a music video at parts..some cheesy cinematography (specially on the magic shows scenes and the final rooftop scenes) 

• Like 2

I enjoyed NYSM quite a bit. It was really fun and the cast was great. But i would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. It was a film I had been anticipating for a long time. The movie just didn't have the mystery aspect I was hoping for.

I hadn't actually been really looking forward to it to be honest, but once the clip of the first 4 minutes was released I got excited. The cast wasn't the problem for me, not the director (but as Johnny Wiseau says there were a few scenes where the cinematography wasn't great) but the writing towards the end. Maybe my experience was hurt because I saw the movie in an older, run down two-star theater, and I haven't seen it since.